+ Reply to Thread

Angry Verizon - What A Pain

Last week, the day after the XV6800 was released, I decided to order the phone. When I did the online order I couldn't believe I was forced to pick a data plan and a text/pic/video messages option. What I was seeing is this online order would not only upgrade my phone but also change my plan which I didn't want to do. The data plan offered was what I was already using so there was no issue with that. It was the messaging part that would be changing. You see I've had the same texting/pic plan since 2004. I upgraded my phone in 2005 with the XV6700 and was able to keep my plan as it was, but this time the option I have had for over 3 years is no longer available. I called Verizon before completing the order and told them I didn't want to change the text/pic option of my plan. I was told not to worrry go ahead and select something then I could call and revert back to the old when I activated my new phone. Well I tried that on Monday and was told it would take a couple days but yes they would fix it back to what I had. Yesterday it was still the choice I made during the purchase last week. I called after seeing and was then told that I wouldn't be able to get the old plan back because it was no longer in their system. This makes me angry. I wish I had been told that I would be forced to change my plan as well as updating my phoen when I called them. Why can't all the Verizon reps get on the same sheet of music?!?!?!
    Last edited by CodysGrammy; 12-06-2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Want to add an Icon

Call and talk to a supervisor. They record ALL calls so if need be they can pull up the conversation where they told you that they'd honor your old plan. Legally they have to change it back. I bet just the regular CSR's can't revert old plans but their supervisors or the supervisor's supervisor can.

I had to contact the Better Business Bureau to get satisfaction from Verizon. I'm quite happy with the results though. I got the i760, store priced for $399, then a $100 savings for renewing my new every two, $100 credit for the data plan enaction, $50 mail in rebate and the main reason for the purchase was a mailer stating that I could get an additional $75 savings "above and beyond any store sale price". At point of sale the salesperson explained that this was a different entities mailer and I had to call them at the 800 number on the flyer. OK, so I call the number and get a guy who tells me that the flyer was recieved after the purchase so inelligible. Afteer explaining that I had researched the phones and plans for 2 months and this was the second monthly flyer containing similar information I was switched to a "supervisor" who told me that the offer was only available (1.) if I called the 800 number prior to purchasing the phone and (2.) if I purchased the phone from the flyers sender. She then told me that the offer was included as a credit to my account... hmmm upon informing her that I needed verification of the $75 credit she told me that I had already saved over $75 and I was therefore inellibible. She also informed me that it stated onthe flyer that I had to purchase thru them. I read all the small print to her and nowhere did it state that this was so. I asked if I should refer this to the BBB and she got quite agitated but never offered to credit me the money, send a check or live up to the "saving above and beyond". I contacted the BBB immediately upon completing the call (read hanging up on her). I was contacted today by an Executive Relations Department agent via phone and e-mail informing me they would be crediting $75 off my next billing. I'm very happy with the resolution as I now have a cutting edge technology phone/pda for $74.99 (as long as the proper deduction is made from my next bill). I'll update if or if not.

I had the exact same problem CodysGrammy. I'm waiting right now as the last rep I spoke with put in a request to have my plan reinstated. A few more days and we will see what happens.

one thing I did find out is that if I would have done the upgrade in the store there would have been no problem keeping my old plan as the store reps can make the change in the system. Why it can't be done online or through a telephone rep is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    Call and talk to a supervisor. They record ALL calls so if need be they can pull up the conversation where they told you that they'd honor your old plan. Legally they have to change it back. I bet just the regular CSR's can't revert old plans but their supervisors or the supervisor's supervisor can.
    Well justinm I took your advice and called Verizon back asking to speak with a manager. I did cover what the issue was and surprisingly the CSR understood my aggravation. He said there was a way of getting my old messaging plan back but it was still possible it wouldn't take. While we were on the phone he started to do the input for the change back but his system was slow. We ended the call with a promise from him to continue to work on getting my old plan back. Crossing fingers it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by LHCBinPa View Post
    I had to contact the Better Business Bureau to get satisfaction from Verizon. I'm quite happy with the results though.
    LHCBinPa I'm sorry you had to go through this aggravation but glad you got favorable results. It's good your BBB was able to help you. Believe me not all of the BBBs will do that. The one in Indianapolis is pitiful where they will lean toward favoring the merchant over the customer. That's another experience that has nothing to do with PDA Phones, so I won't go into my experience in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    I had the exact same problem CodysGrammy. I'm waiting right now as the last rep I spoke with put in a request to have my plan reinstated. A few more days and we will see what happens.

one thing I did find out is that if I would have done the upgrade in the store there would have been no problem keeping my old plan as the store reps can make the change in the system. Why it can't be done online or through a telephone rep is beyond me.
    Last but not least, blazingwolf, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one suffering at the hands of Verizon and I hope you can get what you want. What you were told is right though. If you had gone through a store your plan would not have been touched. I know this because when I upgraded to the XV6700 in Dec 2005 my text plan wasn't available then but I was able to keep it. What gets me when I mentioned this to the CSR I was told things have changed. What really got me was one of them tried to insist the reason I couldn't get what I had back was due to the system being all digital these days. When I was told that I got fed up and told her to give me a break, that in no way could the type of service have a bearing on the number of text/pic messages I was able to send with the plan I was signed up for. With that said I immediately ended the phone call. It was after that call I posted the first message.

I want to thank you all for putting up with my gripes. In the next couple of days I'll see if Verizon will finally do what they promised me. If not back goes the phones (my husband's phone was also upgraded) and Sprint here I come!!!

So what happened? Were you able to get the plan changed back?