+ Reply to Thread

P800 not offered by ATTWireless anymore

Just noticed that ATT Wireless does not carry the P800 on their website starting today. Does that mean the P900 is coming soon? Also, the P800 is now discounted by 50% for corporate customers. I saw it selling for $250 on their intranet site.

I hope that the P900 comes out soon, in the US, I'm tired of waiting. Does anybody have any news/rumors.

I've been looking at ebay also but there are so many bogus sellers that I don't want to take the risk.

I'm in the same boat. I called AT&T Wireless yesterday to find out if they had any intel. on offering the P900 or at least confirm that if I bought it from an importer (they seem to be all over the web, but I'm not sure what the risks are of buying from them), could they assure me that it would work on their network. Of course, the guy I spoke with knew that they supported the P800 (although he did not indicate that they had ever offered that phone for sale), but could not guarantee that they could support the P900, nor that there were any plans to offer it. He did promise to do some research to try to get answers to those questions. My PDA was stolen, so I'm really needing to replace it, but was hoping to do so with a converged device. I don't find anything that looks comparable in features, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I'll let you know if AT&T does get back in touch.

I heard it was because ATT is dropping all non 850mhz phones. True?
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

I have not heard that, but I will keep my ear to the ground. I am anxious to hear something from them so that I will know whether I should go elsewhere if I am going to get a P900 - the question is where?