+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: File access

File access

I have setup a file space for the users of this board. You can access the files two ways:

1) Open up http://www.qcp6035.com/files and you will be able to download the files available.

2) Open up ftp.qcp6035.com in a ftp server and use qcp6035 as the username and users as the password. There you will be able to upload and download files.

Here is a the ftp in a clean link:
    ftp://qcp6035:users@ftp.qcp6035.com

Let me know if there are any problems or other things we can do.

Oh and the port is default (21)

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: jimmyjoe ]<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Is there enough room for like a top ten .pqa's, games, utilities that have been installed and work on this phone

Yep Plenty...
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

BenMorris
    Great work JimmyJoe.

Make sure that the discussion group knows about this location too. What about a link to it from the home page?

tkoffler
    Make sure this site is optimized for wireless access, maybe as a separate link to a text only page or Avantgo channel. Keep up the great work... Todd

Hmm Great point... I'll see what I can do. If anyone has any experience in this area please let me know. I am pretty green on setting up a page as an avantgo channel.
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

ogakor
    Have you tried writing a slimmed down page (for example, "www.qcp6035.com/palm") with the Palm tag? It would look something like this:

&amp;lt;html&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;head&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;title&amp;gt;QCP6035 Handheld Edition
    &amp;lt;/title&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;meta name="PalmComputingPlatform" content="true"&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;body&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;h2&amp;gt;Smartphone&amp;lt;/h2&amp;gt;

[quote:e3403dab65]Originally posted by jimmyjoe:
    [b]Hmm Great point... I'll see what I can do. If anyone has any experience in this area please let me know. I am pretty green on setting up a page as an avantgo channel.[/quote:e3403dab65]

Cool... What sort of info are we looking into putting on the handheld version?
    Anyone know how to get UBB to work on a handheld?
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

David Hart
    I really think though that the files should be limited to Kyocera specific files (dialtones, special hacks, etc) otherwise we'll just duplicate excellent websites like PalmGear.

rbienstock
    Jimmyjoe,

I can't seem to get to the FTP site using your instructions. When I copy the link into an IE browser it justs times out. When I open a DOS session, I can ftp to the site, but I can't log in. Can you help?

[quote:a8dc821824]Originally posted by jimmyjoe:
    [b]Cool... What sort of info are we looking into putting on the handheld version?
    Anyone know how to get UBB to work on a handheld?[/quote:a8dc821824]

I would say put the last 100 messages in reverse chronological order, but sometimes, messages don't make sense without the thread, but given there are 160 topics going, that would be too burdensome to wade through on the phone.

One possibility would be on the screen where someone authors a post have a radio button titled "cross-post to mobile forum". The individual would realize that he's entering (and/or replying to) a post that he/she understands will be read by people on their 6035's so he will provide sufficient information if replying to a post and only elects to cross-post it because he feels its content of worthy interest to the mobile masses and not just idle chit-chat.

Something like this would be great for me when I walk the dog if I could setup a bookmark in EudoraWeb for a url like http://www.qcp6035.com/forum/mobile and be able to download in reverse chronological order 10 posts at a time from such a "cross-post" area.

That's my 2 cents..
    David

Mars
    Message to jimmyjoe
    I have tried to ftp to the site but the instruction (user/pass)don t seem to work.
    I have looked on the discussion board and have tried variation but no luck.

Please advise
    Thanks
    Martial

Hmmmm I am not seeing any problems here on this end. Is anyone else having issues getting in???

Mars, Post here what your ftp status window is showing you so I can see the exact error message.
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Mars
    Im using cute ftp i used the user/pass you give us. It does find the server but come back with invalid password .
    I ve tried anonymous/my email and variation
    but always invalid password.

hmmm well I just changed my original post above and changed the quick access ftp link to a hyperlink..

Give this a try
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Mars
    Thanks it worked thsis time.
    I upload this software for people who have
    the knowledge for studying this phone program
    for (Sprint).Please note that i have tried
    to reprogram my phone with this software
    because of my previous mistake i had
    used the wrong software(Verizon)KZ1006.
    But i was not abel to fix my mistake
    because i belive we need a different
    version of the KWPST (now on site 2.6.22)
    i think we need version 2.6.25 or
    a propriatary version from Sprint .
    Future will tell
    Please note that this software came
    from a reliable source but it is not
    supported by Kyocera nor Sprint .
    We are not suppose to have it and if you
    use it you do it AT YOUR RISK .
    If its use help anybody than so be it.

Mars
    I found my mistake .
    pass userS
    im not used to put s
    Sorry.

rons
    Hi There.

We are distributing the Smart phone in Israel and we need to had the Eudora suite 2.1 secure on the phone instaed of version 2.0.
    Let me know how can we do it.

I don't want to load it twice inside the memory.
    Let me know how can We change the version that comes preinstallled to 2.1

Waiting for your reply.

Ron

[quote:b224c7bdbb]Originally posted by jimmyjoe:
    [b]I have setup a file space for the users of this board. You can access the files two ways:

1) Open up http://www.qcp6035.com/files and you will be able to download the files available.

2) Open up ftp.qcp6035.com in a ftp server and use qcp6035 as the username and users as the password. There you will be able to upload and download files.

Here is a the ftp in a clean link:

Let me know if there are any problems or other things we can do.

Oh and the port is default (21)

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: jimmyjoe ][/quote:b224c7bdbb]
    [*]null

was going to post another ringer tone, but haven't been able to log into the FTP site for a couple of days. is something up?
    "I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

can't login either in the "clean link" or with Smart FTP.

You didn't change the password did you?
    "I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage