+ Reply to Thread
    *.*

A PQA to read and post on this board?

Anybody know of a dedicated one? Is anyone using something that works good?

I'd like to do reading and posting from my '35 without the aid of Eudora, if at all possible (I just like PQA's better).

THanks for any info!

:d<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    PQAs are pretty darn easy to do.
    [list=1][*]Put together a slimmed-down website that accesses the data the way you want.[*]Put the meta tag "PalmComputingPlatform = TRUE" in the header[*]Get the PQA builder from Palm's website (it's free, and on your CD if you have a VIIx)[*]Draw cutesy icons (please)[*]Use PQA builder to generate the PQA[*]Upload it.[*]Enjoy accolades and kudos from everyone[/list=1]

Seriously, it's pretty easy. If there's a "reduced bandwidth" or "text only" option for the BB, it's even easier.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

That would be awesome if someone created this PQA. I know I would use it all of the time!!!!!: :d :eeek: :p
    Fully converged since 2001.....QCP6035, then KWC7135, XV6700, and now XV6800. Wife SCHI760. Resistance is FUTILE!

*.*
    [quote:54e4e94501][i:54e4e94501]Originally posted by All-Purpose Guru [/i:54e4e94501]
    [B]PQAs are pretty darn easy to do...
    [/quote:54e4e94501]

Thanks, APG!

This'll give me an excuse to use David Pogue's DevPQA.

I'll play around with it, and post anything I come up with.

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    Aah, another sucker for "accolades and kudos".

Seriously, I'd do this myself (I've written a few PQAs) but I'm pretty swamped right now...

If you come up with something, post it here! I participate in a lot of phpBB groups, having a PQA to access them would be *way* cool.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

PQA Yet?

Anybody done one yet? This kind of thing seems like a natural for this board.

I'd love to have one.

Anyone? Anyone?

After having some problems w/ Eudoraweb I recently entered the wonderful world of PQA's

I agree, if someone can do one for this site that would be great!

I would be extremely happy to help anyone develop some sort of pqa or trimmed down version to facilitate the use of this site on the phone. Another board system that I have been looking at due to the issues I am having with vb, is the aforementioned phpbb. It is completely opensource so we should be able to figure something out.

If anyone wants to tackle this please let me know. It would be a great tool for the whole phpbb community.

jimmyjoe

dvp

Just Do it!!!!!

Yeah it's a good idea, I can do it.
    Just we must ask the webmaster make de tags and go!!!
    Tell me when and I can make de pqa............

dvp

Just Do it!!!!!

Yeah it's a good idea, I can do it.
    Just we must ask the webmaster make de tags and go!!!
    Tell me when and I can make de pqa............

Has anyone made any progress in this area? I'd love to see one, too.

Whatever happened with this? There were so many "I can do it, no problem"s, did one ever get created?

instead of a pqa, how about a scaled down counterpart. treocentral has one that works great on blazer. the url is http://mobile.treocentral.com.

could we have something like that on smartphonesource?

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar
    [quote:7a453f022e="David Westman"]instead of a pqa, how about a scaled down counterpart. treocentral has one that works great on blazer. the url is http://mobile.treocentral.com.

could we have something like that on smartphonesource?[/quote:7a453f022e]

I agree, this would be a great PQA site for us. Anyway of snagg'n it?

Why would KY offer something like this, it would seem it would really help boost sales.

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent

Can not post

FYI, I have a VERY primitive first try at a PQA, but the forum will not allow me to upload the file as an attachment. If anyone wants to have me send it to them to see if [b:a49dbfc75b]they[/b:a49dbfc75b] have better luck, post your e-mail here and I'd be happy to send it.

FYI, it is just a very basic front-end to the system. Once you are into the main forums, it looks very much like it does today, because I can not modify the underlying PHP code which generates the site.

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar

SMS PQA

Hey All,

Here's a link to download the PQA that Nomad7674 has made for this board.

Being he cannot yet upload files, he is sending them to me to post until he has upload ability.

I guess we should call this V1.0

Re: SMS PQA

Originally posted by lbocean
    Here's a link to download the PQA that Nomad7674 has made for this board.
    ...I guess we should call this V1.0 [/B]
    FYI, the upgrade of the board to vbulletin broke all of the links from the PQA. I will try to fix and repost (perhaps thru LBOCEAN) sometime this week.

Let me know if you liked/hated the last version, also, so I can see what to improve.

I can't wait for the pqa. That would be great. I will be keeping my eyes out. Thanks Don
    A real man keeps his promises...Its all about family because it all goes back in the box in the end.

Updated PQA posted

FYI, the updated PQA has been posted to a new thread. This is the URL: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=3228