+ Reply to Thread

archive pre-release 7135 discussion

when the phone comes out, there will be useful discussion concerning its operation, etc., just like the 6035 discussion. but 7135 post-release discussion will be intermingled with the pre-release hype, speculation and lusting that has been going on since june (which is deemed useless the instant the phone comes out, other than from an historic point of view for anyone needing to see the agony of anticipation).

so i propose archiving the entire 7135 pre-release discussion, allowing it to be viewable and searchable, just not postable (if that's a word ). then a new post-release 7135 discussion can begin.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    Not a bad thought, but I'd recommend waiting aproximately one month before doing the switchover. It is inevitable that many discussions will become "what is reality versus hype" and "should I switch now or wait" which may naturally evolve from the pre-release threads.

mojojomo,

I love your idea (and wish that I had thought of it )

I second the motion.

I kinda feel that we should make the pre-release a read-only archive starting right after we first get our hands on it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Administrator
    agreed.

Just a suggestion, but should they and could they be archived and non -searchable?
    :dunno
    Thinking ahead to that beautiful day when we all are happily playing with the 7135 and I have a problem with my ROM/RAM/Whatchamacallit and search the board for assistance, anything up until you geniuses have it in your hand will either be conjecture or I could read it off the back of the box, don’t you think?

Originally posted by cammoore
    Just a suggestion, but should they and could they be archived and non -searchable?
    :dunno
    Thinking ahead to that beautiful day when we all are happily playing with the 7135 and I have a problem with my ROM/RAM/Whatchamacallit and search the board for assistance, anything up until you geniuses have it in your hand will either be conjecture or I could read it off the back of the box, don’t you think?

I think this would work if it was renamed "post-release 7135" then when you're searching choose the normal 7135 to search through.----

....as for the back of the box:

ftp://ftp.kyocera-wireless.com/pub/m...135_DomBox.pdf
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Say what now? There are definitely some changes that need to be made when the 7135 is released! :clap
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Administrator
    well you can input search dates criteria into your searching so that could help out some...

over at pda buzz, right before the 6035 was released (this 7135 discussion reminds me so much of those days) we had discussions bout the prerelease of it and did a lot of postings.. but we got thru it ok and i know we will get thru it here!