+ Reply to Thread

Site NOT under reconstruction

The SmartPhoneSource site is clearly NOT under reconstruction. So how about getting rid of the display saying it is, and just let us go directly to the site?

The folks who run the site are dealing with their real lives right now, but the site will be back eventually. In the mean time:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbulletin/

(which you could have figured out by simply bookmarking the page you get redirected to from the main url).

Alan

Administrator

Re: Site NOT under reconstruction

Originally posted by DMevis
    The SmartPhoneSource site is clearly NOT under reconstruction. So how about getting rid of the display saying it is, and just let us go directly to the site?
    people do have a life outside the web and the owners here are no different. the site could be down where no one could use it but until the owners can get back and correct tihgns we will continue to operate it in "limp mode" ... things are going on 'under the hood' so to speak.. its just that they are not visible to the members...

just bookmark the site (thanks alan!) and you wont see the message...

Re: Re: Site NOT under reconstruction

Originally posted by marctronixx
    people do have a life outside the web and the owners here are no different. the site could be down where no one could use it but until the owners can get back and correct tihgns we will continue to operate it in "limp mode" ... things are going on 'under the hood' so to speak.. its just that they are not visible to the members...
    Well said! I never found the site until after the "INCIDENT" but I think (I believe most people on the board will agree) that owners should take all the time they need to get it back up and working in its full glory. I would rather wait and see the site as the owners want it to be seen, rather than something hastily thrown together to satisfy the angry mobs. . .
    That having being said, please don't take away the forums you have so kindly given us in advance.

What do you think about the idea of a progress thread? There is no need for a minute by minute account of what is being done, but maybe a quick message every couple of days to let people know that things are still moving forward?