+ Reply to Thread

Can you talk on it like a phone?

The Thera allows two modes of operation:

1. Speaker Phone - This options is very useful for quickly answering the phone and having others join you on a conversation. The volume on the phone is very adequate to use in this mode. The person on the other end of the conversation does get an echo, but once you explain you are on a speaker phone, it does not cause any issues.

2. Ear piece - This option is the way you will likely use the phone the most. It allows fully private conversations, and works well even in noicy backgrounds. The phone comes with the ear piece and a media connector, which is used to allow you to plug in full stereo headsets and still use a microphone on the media connector. So you can listen to your music, get a phone call, answer it and then go back to listening to your music without changing the headset.

I have used the phone against my head, but the volume is usually too loud to accomplish this and really is not necessary, since the speaker phone option allows easy phone use if you do not want to use the ear piece.

Rob.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

no ring with earphone

When I bought this PDAphone I was under the impression that you could use the headphone the way I did with my old phone.

Leave the headphone pluged in and in my pocket, then put it to my ear when the phone rings.

I spent a week being very frustraited becouse I was allways missing calls.

The reason is that the phone does not ring when the headphones are attached. The headphone takes the ring, so it is too low to hear.

You can set it to vibrate, but this PDAphone does not vibrate enough for me to allways feel.

In addition the speaker isn't very loud when you do unplug the headphone.

additional: I am refering here to the phone headphone as well as the multi-media headphone attachment. There is no ring with either.

I have found that if I use both the ringer and vibrate, when I have it in the case on my belt, I can usually feel or hear the phone. I do relate with you on the volume of the ringer. I wish it was louder.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones