+ Reply to Thread

"Page too Large to be Displayed"

Just upgraded from a Samsung i330 to the Treo 600. Both use the Blazer web browser, but I'm finding that with the Treo, I get a "Page Too Large to be Displayed" error message any time I try to load even a moderately complex webpage. Worse, cliking "Okay" in response to the error message (which is the only choice) causes the Treo to reboot.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to resolve this problem? Will adding memory to the Treo help? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure I have a good answer for you since this happens to me only once in a blue moon and I don't get the reset--but it does happen occasionally. Anyway, you might go into your Blazer preferences and give yourself a larger cache? Or you might delete the cache you have now and start over. I really don't think it is supposed to do that just because of the cache, and don't know whether it actually does, but it's a start...

Also make sure you have enough free memory to accomodate the size you set the cache to.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Re: "Page too Large to be Displayed"

I get that error all the time when I switch to wide view to better see a map or something.

The other annoying thing about the darn blazer is it is so darn slow. I don't understand why, if I go the the phone or address book and then come back the darn web page has to slowly redraw the whole thing again.
    Dan

DEG

This page is too large to be displayed.

I get this a lot using Blazer and it greatly interferes with using the web. In fact, I'm getting the message right now just trying to view this web site. Can I do anything to correct this like change a setting or use a different browser?

Administrator
    are you using or mobile site?

DEG
    No I wasn't and I will in the future. but I'm really concerned with how many web sites I am unable to view due to this problem.

I think it's a cache problem- I only once got that error, and it was because my Palm's memory was full. Try clearing up some space and raising the cache I'm set at 2mb for now and it seems to be OK.

DEG
    Originally posted by grover
    I think it's a cache problem- I only once got that error, and it was because my Palm's memory was full. Try clearing up some space and raising the cache I'm set at 2mb for now and it seems to be OK.
    Mine cache is set at 2.5 MB and it still has trouble. I'll go to 3 MB and see if it helps.

I don't know whether this is your cache or not; I don't even know if it might be. But if you keep enlarging your cache without clearing it out from time to time, you may never know. I would suggest deleting your cache periodically to bring it back down to zero. It would only be the most unusuial circumstances in which you would actually need all that old information.