+ Reply to Thread

Red face Treo 650 Voice Dial Problem

I installed VoiceDial, it is awesome! I can't believe how cool this program is, BUT I have a huge problem. When I go to sync my Treo it goes through all the programs and when it gets to Voicedial it FREEZES! I have to soft reset my Treo to get it back. Is this a known problem? Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks

T-X

Re: Treo 650 Voice Dial Problem

Originally posted by tanker-x
    I installed VoiceDial, it is awesome! I can't believe how cool this program is, BUT I have a huge problem. When I go to sync my Treo it goes through all the programs and when it gets to Voicedial it FREEZES! I have to soft reset my Treo to get it back. Is this a known problem? Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks

T-X
    Is there a version of VoiceDial for Palm OS? I could only find the Window's version. Also does it work with Palm 4.X?

Tx,

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Yes, it's on the Palm One website, but I think it's only for Palm OS 5.

Still does anybody have an answer to this problem?

Yes, it's on the Palm One website, but I think it's only for Palm OS 5.

Still does anybody have an answer to this problem?
    Thanks for the info.

BB

Exclamation

Interesting. I was just showing my daughter how VoiceDial "works", and basically showed her how it sucks.

It recognized 1 clearly-spoken command in about 20 attempts. It gave all sorts of bizarre responses to commands.

I think it sucks, but perhaps i haven't configured it correctly? Any hints as to how y'all have made it work would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!!
    dhdunn

I have not worked with it yet, but the people that have been having the best luck say when they stop trying to talk - very - plain, and just speak normaly say they have the best luck.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags

Originally posted by dhdunn9
    Interesting. I was just showing my daughter how VoiceDial "works", and basically showed her how it sucks.

It recognized 1 clearly-spoken command in about 20 attempts. It gave all sorts of bizarre responses to commands.

I think it sucks, but perhaps i haven't configured it correctly? Any hints as to how y'all have made it work would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!!
    dhdunn
    My experience exactly. It lasted 30 minutes on my Treo 650 and it was kicked out. Recognition was poor, and it took forever to dial out when it did (Tell it "Call Scott" - long wait - "Did you say 'Scott'" - long wait - dialing)
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

I had some problems with it initially. It wasn't recognizing stuff and even digit dialing wasn't working. I had 1500 entries in my contact list with multiple phone numbers each. It was messing up.

I deleted all my contacts.. (backed them up)..

Then tried and it worked great.. So it was something with my contacts.

I reloaded them all.. Same problem. I took out about 400 contacts with Foreign phone numbers. It started working great again. I thought maybe it was the foreign numbers. Then I reloaded everything again and took out 400 regular contacts. Working great again.

So it seems like the number of contacts effects it a lot. With 1100-1200 contacts it is working well for me. For some reason when I go back to 1400-1500. crappy.

I talked to an engineer at Voicesignal. They are aware of it and working on the issue.

I restored about 1100 contacts and it works better now.

Originally posted by Mogulman
    I had some problems with it initially. It wasn't recognizing stuff and even digit dialing wasn't working. I had 1500 entries in my contact list with multiple phone numbers each. It was messing up.

I deleted all my contacts.. (backed them up)..

Then tried and it worked great.. So it was something with my contacts.

I reloaded them all.. Same problem. I took out about 400 contacts with Foreign phone numbers. It started working great again. I thought maybe it was the foreign numbers. Then I reloaded everything again and took out 400 regular contacts. Working great again.

So it seems like the number of contacts effects it a lot. With 1100-1200 contacts it is working well for me. For some reason when I go back to 1400-1500. crappy.

I talked to an engineer at Voicesignal. They are aware of it and working on the issue.

I restored about 1100 contacts and it works better now.

So you just stiffed 400 of your closest friends

BB

Can someone please answer this guys question and stop talking about something else??

Re: Treo 650 Voice Dial Problem

Thanks

T-X
    The only thing I can think of is a 3rd party program is causing the problem. Hard reset your Treo, sync it and give it a new username, install the voicedial app. If it doesn't reset anymore, then the problem was one of your other apps. Let us know what happens.

Originally posted by blazorboy
    So you just stiffed 400 of your closest friends

BB
    Yeah.. I know..actually.. I have a category call Corp directory and have my company corporate directory loaded, as well as my personal and business contacts.

The foreign numbers were all corp directory numbers. I don't think I've ever called one of them on my Cell phone.