+ Reply to Thread

Any Reports on Battery Consumption?

I'm interested in real experience with these batteries. Anyone actually using the 650 who could tell me how long it seems to last each day and on what apps. That is, starting at what time in the morning to what time at night and using which applications, especially a mail app?

~bump~
    Not even one report on power usage? Am I the only one who cares whether a battery lasts very long?

InfoSync review says the battery life is 2-3 times longer than the typical PDA phone. I assume they tested a GSM phone.

That's the kind of report I've heard but frankly I don't know what it means in the field. I'm hoping people who are really using this phone can tell me what happens in practice--does it last all day from 9 am to 9 pm with an email client and an hour or two of phone use? From 9 am to 1 pm? 15 minutes of phone and an email client? Etc. etc. At this point in PDA phone development, I wouldn't have a clue what the "typical" phone is or does.

Well I'm left with only two conclusions, one terrific, one terrible. The bad news might be that the battery has such a short life that nobody wants to admit having been had so badly. The good news might be that the battery lasts so long that nobody has yet needed to recharge it.

I can't believe I can't get a few people to give a real time report. I can't even get one person to do so! Is there any way both the bad and good news could be true?

I have seen excellent battery life, at least compared to my Kyocera 7135.

Last week I spent almost the entire day using the Palm capabilities to edit images with Resco Photo Viewer, plus about an hour or two of phone time, on a single charge. I haven't made enough phone calls yet to really know, but it seems the battery life is very good there too.

So I don't have a lot of data, but so far, it seems excellent.
    In a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would not have been notified.

Thanks. It would be nice to compare to a T600 as well. When you say almost the entire day, from what time to what time and with how much power left in the end? What do you mean by phone time if you haven't made many phone calls, just leaving the wireless on without making calls?

"Almost all day" means using the Palm apps (without the phone on) for several hours, on and off, but definitely totally at least 2-3 hours.

I used the Internet connectivity for probably an hour, with a few short phone calls.

The batter meter at the end of the day was low, but not at the lowest setting (which I haven't seen yet).
    In a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would not have been notified.

Hmmm....that's not encouraging. I use the phone 24 hours a day, internet 24 hours a day, and frequent short phone calls. My battery is dead after 18 hours or less, but compared to you I'm squeezing the thing bone dry, so it doesn't look like the 650 is better and might be worse.... Thanks for the info.