+ Reply to Thread

SD Card slows down Calendar and Phone apps

I've noticed something really strange: when an SD card is installed, switching to the Calendar and Phone apps takes 2-3 seconds longer than without the SD card installed.

I have an older card, a SanDisk 256MB SD card from two years ago that I always used without problems with my Kyocera 7135.

Another slow down is looking at contacts that have a picture, even if the picture used was stored in RAM and not the card.

As far as I know switching to the Calendar and Phone apps shouldn't look at the SD card at all. Why would just having the SD card inserted slow things down so much?
    In a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would not have been notified.

If anyone is using an SD card with their Treo 650, can you please post the type of SD card you have, and whether you are having any problems? I'm wondering if a new high speed SD card will "fix" it. At least one other person on the PalmOne discussion forums is having the same issue as I am, with the same type of SD card.
    In a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would not have been notified.

It seems to make no difference to my phone with the card in our out. My card is a Lexar 1Gb 32x.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags

Is it pretty fast either way? I.e. about one second or less.

I have the 512MB SD card from Sandisk. It takes about 1 second to switch from the Calendar application to Phone.

I did not notice any speed differences after I added the card. But, then again, I did not own the phone for more than a day or 2 before I picked up the SD card.

For me, it seems to take just under a second to go to the calendar app. and just over a second to get back to the phone.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags

I've noticed all kinds of odd behavior when I have a 128MB SD card installed. It says Dane-Elec on the card, but the 650s Card Info says it's a Toshiba.

When I exit verichat with the card installed, the exit sound stutters, but when I take the card out, the sound is fine. And there's lag all around the system with the card installed.

card in or out it still takes 3-4 seconds for each letter to compile during a contact search. ie: looking for smith, john; i type in s-m-i, but have to wait 3-4 sec for the next letter to get there.

no problems switching apps with the card in. I have the San Disk 1GB if that helps.

what's happening! palm is becoming a little too windowsey, i think
    m^2