+ Reply to Thread

Jabra Bluetooth 200 not working!

I can pair both of them...but the headset won't work. Can somebody tell me what I may be doing wrong? It says on Palm Ones site that it is supposed to work. The headset worked with the pocket pc 6601 without any problems.

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar

Re: Jabra Bluetooth 200 not working!

Originally posted by dog352
    I can pair both of them...but the headset won't work. Can somebody tell me what I may be doing wrong? It says on Palm Ones site that it is supposed to work. The headset worked with the pocket pc 6601 without any problems.
    I got my J200 to pair without problem, but the sound quality is HORRIBLE unless the phone is within about a foot of the headset. More than a foot a away and there is bad static and crackles heard on both sides.

My Jabra 200 works beautifully with my Olympia bluetooth base station (see HERE for specs of this phone) The sound quality is great and I can walk 30-40 feet from the base station before I start getting static.

This suggests to me that it is the power of the bluetooth transmitter that is mostly involved in this problem. The olympia base station apparently has a pretty powerful bluetooth transmitter.

dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

I got mine to work ok. I haven't tried to use it more than a couple feet from the phone. The sound quality is just fine.

Is your battery weak? Maybe the headset has been charged to the limit.
    Gadgetman

Mine works fine too. I didn't have the procedure quite right to set it up. I am using the Jabra for non-bluetooth phones. I'm using just the headset now. Hold the up volume button and hold the power on button until you get a solid blue light. Then go through the setup on the bluetooth screen. Worked fine for me. I used it all day today without a problem and there were no complaints about sound quality.

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    I had lost all the documentation for mine, but it is all available as downloadable PDF docs on the Jabra website
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650