+ Reply to Thread

Does the USB data cable recharge the device as well?

This (see subject) is a must for me, otherwise using it as a modem on the road becomes impractical if it's limited by duration or plug availability.

Thank you,

Sorin

I would like to know this too. I just upgraded from the 600 and I have all of these peripherals that I have purchased. I know the cases don’t work but what about the sync cables and power supplies? Are they pin compatible? Kind of late now because it is on the way but it would be nice to reuse my nice zip cable setup from boxwave.

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    Several people on the Treocentral forum indicated that though the led does not change to red, it does slow "trickle-charge" through the USB cable without the AC adaptor attached. They indicated that it took the battery to 99% overnight. Haven't tried it myself yet.
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

Supposedly TreoCentral and Boxwave are both working on retractable sync/charge cables, too. Available in the next month or so.

You sound like you don't necessarily need it to charge through the USB cable. What it does actually support is the ability to plug the AC charger into the back side of the USB connector, allowing it to stay charged up while using it as a modem and connected to your computer. I haven't tried it yet but that is the apparent design of the thing.
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

OUCH!!!