+ Reply to Thread
    Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar

Question Recording phone conversations on the 650

I read the forums, the manuels, etc. I have found programs that allow digital dictation, but does anyone know a way to digitally record you T650 phone conversations????

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    Man I wish you morons would search before you post!

Oh hold, that was me

anyway, found a thread on Treocentral regarding a programLINK which might work. gonna look into it and will report back.

Do any of these recorders allow you to record a conversation you are having with someone on the phone? That would be really handy.
    Try Audacity with the Seidio headset. It works well. You can also use the speakerphone function if that is an option. Also, in looking over this thread about features that people want. Audacity has a very small compressed file format. A one minute recording in under 50K. You can record to either internal or SD card memory. Both Audacity programs include a conduit function that automatically transfers files during a hotsync. The Audacity personal has a nice voice alarm. The Audacity Professional has all types of security--encryption and access control

Here is a link to it AUDACITY on Palmgear. Personal version is $30

Found their website--seems to work on the 650 (-, but I can find no mention on their site of recording phone conversations. The Seido headset somehow makes that possible?? I understand how it could be done with the speakerphone but that would be unwieldy and infinitely detectable by the other side of the conversation, IMO.LINK )

Here is another Treo 650 compatible recorder, The toysoft PAR, but again, no mention of whether it can or will record phone conversations. (LINK )
    Last edited by shadowboxer; 12-03-2004 at 04:24 PM.
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

MotionApps mRing V2.9 records phone conversations on the Treo 650.
    When in doudt..Reboot the *****!

Toysoft PAR PRO is your hucklberry! Works beautifully, recording both sides of the conversation. $24.95. "Can you record me now....good!"
    Robert