+ Reply to Thread

Flashing Green Light Indicator

Ok what is up with the flashing green light? I have no voicemail or other messages from what I can tell and this nearly strobe light keeps blinking. It is worse then Rudolph’s red nose.

The battery is charged 100% let me know if this is something I have to live with, It makes me feel like I always need to check my voice mail or something.

The flashing green light is a indicator of your phone being on and with-in a service area.

If it really bothers you, you can use a program like (Treo) Butler to control the L.E.D. the way you'd like.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

I will try to get used to it first before I go and install anything. Thanks for letting me know what it does.

I've got a Treo 600. I like the flashing green light. It tells me that the phone is turned on, but there is nothing urgent or needed. I've but Butler programmed to turn the light orange when there is a voice mail. Veddy helpful - a glance at the color of the LED let's me know.

Barb

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    The manuel simply says that it displays the phone' status.

But I have been trying to make some rhyme or reason of what it does when. The blinking frequency changes rather often.

Usually, phone on, as best I can tell is a short blink, long pause.
    Other patterns I have come across are long blink, short pause, three or four fast blinks, short pause, and occasionally (while the phone is on and not in use) it doesn't blink at all.

It does a steady orange color when there is no service. It does solid intermittantly when charging with the AC adatptor alone, very rarely with the 12 volt car adaptor, but always gives a red solid when the USB with the AC adaptor is attached.

Anyway, FWIW, that is what I have noticed so far. Would really like to know what the green flashing frequency means.

Gonna try out Butler soon as I see there is definitely a 650 compatible version out.
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

Originally posted by shadowboxer
    Gonna try out Butler soon as I see there is definitely a 650 compatible version out.
    I believe Butler has already been adapted for the Treo 650, so you can give it a try anytime. Being time limited shareware, you have full use of all functions until the trial period runs out, or you purchase the software (well worth the cost IMO).
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?