+ Reply to Thread

Question Claendar Sync with Outlook

Since I bouught the Tro 650, I have not been able to Synchronize the Treo Calendar with the Micrsoft Outlook 20003. I consistently get an error in the Log file like this: Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0010
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    I am using Windows XP OS

Sprint technical support is still trying to figure out the solution for the past 4 days. Any ideas??
    JO

I had a problem syncing all of outlook becasue I use subfolders in mail.

Apparently os5 on the treo does not allow sub folders. I wound up using Intellisync and that works fine
    michaelb92

Hi Michael. I appreciate your insight. i will look into the subforldes issue. i do ahve plenty of those.ALL the other Outlook folders sync'ed fine (i.e Tasks, Notes, Contacts). But calendar just keep having the problem. Most of the old calendar dates (older than 3 months) synched correctly, but the more immediate dates and future appointments just did not. any more insigths?
    JO

Most of the old calendar dates (older than 3 months) synched correctly, but the more immediate dates and future appointments just did not. any more insigths?

Are you using intellisync? That is exactly the problem that I had and I found that the setting in intellicync changed itself to "do nothing" for the calendar, and thus the problem.
    I ultimately had to have our IT person do a restore from the backup tapes
    michaelb92

No, I am using HotSync....
    JO

Sync problems

1. Check the custom setting in the HotSync application in the system tray to be sure that you are calling for a sync with Outlook. You may be set up to sync with Palm Desktop.

2, Download the special conduit from Chapura. Be sure that you purchase the one dedicated to Palm 5.

Good luck!

Wil

Contact Subfolders

I had a problem syncing all of outlook because I use subfolders in mail.
    I have similar trouble. The standard Treo email doesn't sync to Outlook's contact subfolders. Which email applications for the Treo work with Outlook contact subfolders?

Re: Contact Subfolders

Originally posted by Wil
    I have similar trouble. The standard Treo email doesn't sync to Outlook's contact subfolders. Which email applications for the Treo work with Outlook contact subfolders?
    Hello Wil,

This is Kevin from palmOne. According to the palmOne Knowledge Library, the HotSync software synchronizes only these Outlook folders: Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks and Inbox. If you want to synchronize subfolders, you can use a third-party product like Chapura's PocketMirror Professional. There may be other solutions that folks can offer to this thread, as well.

Sincerely
    Kevin