+ Reply to Thread

Power config on the 650

Have had Treo 300 and 600. I bought and received the 650.

Great phone so far, but my inability so far to charge the phone just using the sync cable and the power from my laptop is frustrating. With the 600, I could travel or be out of my office for the weekend with my laptop and no dedicated phone charger and, in a pinch, charge off of my laptop battery alone.

I have ordered an after market cable, but no luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Supposedly the USB cable does charge but it is a very slow trickle charge and needs an overnight time frame to get the 650 charged up.

Thanks. Will check the manual. However, I have observed that the current that could be coming from the laptop is not enough to trip the status light from flashing green to steady red.

I just saw a News Release from Boxwave, that they now have a single cable that will CHARGE and sync using only USB for the Treo 650. The link is below.
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/dire...eo-650_442.htm
    JohnK

Originally posted by jgk3
    I just saw a News Release from Boxwave, that they now have a single cable that will CHARGE and sync using only USB for the Treo 650. The link is below.
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/dire...eo-650_442.htm
    Check out macmedia.com for the same thing, they may have one with nicer service.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!