+ Reply to Thread

Screen Auto-off??

Does anyone know of a way to disable the auto-off screen when the 650 is hooked to external power. It is very annoying to have to wake the phone up to see the screen. My 7135 stays on while on external power and I would like for this phone to do that, too. A hack maybe??

thanks all

Mike

Doesn't anyone know the answer to this? Am I the only one who wants the screen to stay on while the phone is connected to power?

In case anyone is interested, I found the answer to my own question. TreoGuard is an application which allows you to enable and disable certain features including an option of keeping the screen always on. It also will let you use MP3 ringers. All for 9 bucks. Pretty good deal, I think.

Why would you possibly want the screen to stay on while charging overnight?? If anything, that can't be good for the screen to be on one shot for that period of time.

well whatever. I'm more interested in knowing if treoguard actually works on the 650. can you tell me?

Never said I wanted the screen on while charging overnight??? Don't know where you got that idea. I want the screen on while I am driving. I want to be able to see the time, phone status, etc. I only want the screen active while it is in a holder and attached to external power via the cigarette lighter cord. TreoGuard will allow me to do this. That is default way the Kyo 7135 operated and I like it. TreoGuard seems to work fine on the 650. The MP3 ringer works, although I haven't put it through all of the paces yet.

What setting did you use to keep the screen on? I have it now and I don't see where to set the screen to stay on.

Thanks
    esmass:p

Check out CradleCare from GoTreo . I use it while traveling along with ClockPro as my in-room clock and alarm. It works perfectly. Also, if you want to turn it off to prevent burn-in, just press the "End" button.
    Last edited by JeffC; 08-11-2005 at 08:19 AM.

Treo Guard works great on the 650!