+ Reply to Thread

Hotmail with VersaMail?

Has anyone had any luck getting hotmail to work with Versamail? Does hotmail have POP access? Thanks.

I dont think hotmail offers POP access. Here is a link for hotmail access via blazer, if you dont have it already: http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

versamail/hotmail

yes you can!! use pop3hot.com for your pop access settings,and use your email addrs for username,you'll be good to go..i use it all the time,it works great!!

Has anyone been able to confirm the pop3hot.com suggestion? I am leary about submitting my username/password to a unknown server.

Wow. This works great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Korwiin, I should have listened to you. This thing I believe picked up the email addresses in my contact list. Wouldn't recommend it.

It picks up the email addresses to create a Address Book. It is a very nice feature.

The pop3.hot thing was working for me good for a few days...but now whenever I try it I get an error...' username does not exist' even though I was using the same setting all the time. I did a few soft resets and played w/ the settings,still no results,any suggestions??
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!

Registered User drsmith&therobo's Avatar
    There's an app I use called Hotmail Popper. You run it on your broadband enabled PC and use your IP address as your mail server. Hotmail popper used to be free. It isnt anymore, but Im still running the free version.

Versamail might be a ***** about authentication. My work around was to point a domain I had to my PC (along with its MX record of course) and use that as my @whatever addresss. Then I changed my address to @hotmail.com. The verification error went away. You can always just put your hotmail address as your Reply To address and avoid this.

Did you guys get verification errors with that pop2 site? What do you use for SMTP when using that?