+ Reply to Thread

Alternative browser for 650

Has anyone tried another browser besides Blazer? I used Web Pro 1.0 on my I 500 and liked that. Before I add it or Web Pro 3.0 to my 650, I wanted to see if anyone had experience using it on this device. Or, Is there another browser that is recommended and known to work well on the 650? Thank you.
    If you don't laugh, nothing's funny!

I don't think you'll experience much of a difference switching to Web Pro, because I believe the Blazer that's on the Treo 650 is based on Web Pro.

There are a couple of other browsers you could try.

1. Xiino
    2. Reqwireless Webviewer (requires Java)

I think you need to try the browser to know if it works well for your needs on the Treo 650.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Java on the 650?

I thought I'd try out the ReqWireless browser on the 650, but you need the Java environment installed and I don't see where it's available yet for the 650. Is it out there somewhere, or has anyone been able to try this browser out yet on the 650?

It's pretty clear that the 650 blazer isn't built on top of web pro, since the blazer browser on the new treo 650 I tried can't do Javascript -- that leaves out ebay, paypal, etc., etc. Has anybody actually tried web pro 3 with the 650?

Re: Java on the 650?

Originally posted by js0873
    I thought I'd try out the ReqWireless browser on the 650, but you need the Java environment installed and I don't see where it's available yet for the 650. Is it out there somewhere, or has anyone been able to try this browser out yet on the 650?
    It's available.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)