+ Reply to Thread

Contacts Problem-HELP I screwed it up

I was trying to move the favorite buttons and really screwed up the contacts.

Now when I press on contacts I get a message that there is"no telephone number associated"

Help - How do I get the default to contacts back
    michaelb92

I have no idea about the 650 contacts but if you're all synced up, you could always hard reset and hotsync and you'd be back where you were when you last hotsynced.

Thanks, but I thbink I hotsyncedsince that problem developed. Also, will a hotsync cancel all of my settings for versamail, etc?
    michaelb92

It may well. One solution--for the future, obviously, is to backup to your card using Backupman or something similar. My experience with that is no settings are changed, and you've got your hotsync right there in your phone. For me it's one of the most useful apps I have, even though I use it infrequently (except for the security of having it which is constant, and the fact that it backs up for me automatically on schedule every day). But I'm sorry that doesn't help right now. Maybe there's an experienced 650 user out there who can help. If such a thing exists at this point.

Thanks again, but I do use Backupman nad it backs up every day at 6am and it was done before I knew of the problem.

Maybe I will call palm
    michaelb92

Sorry to hear that. I always have two daily backups--maybe even that is too short for you--but I also keep what amounts to a restore point, a backup from about a month ago (right now it is Nov. 13), that I can use for those situations. I'm glad to hear Backupman works on the 650. Comments that it might not are one reason I've held off on getting the 650.

Re: Contacts Problem-HELP I screwed it up

Originally posted by michaelb92
    I was trying to move the favorite buttons and really screwed up the contacts.

Now when I press on contacts I get a message that there is"no telephone number associated"

Help - How do I get the default to contacts back
    Do you mean when you select one of the favorite buttons assigned to a contact you get the error you mentioned? What exactly were you doing to the favorite buttons?
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I was trying to rearrange them and I obviously changed the defaults on that one.

Tried to get level 2 service but hung up after 40 minutes on hold.

I am considereing a hard reset, reinstalling palm s/w and starting from scratch
    michaelb92

On the Phone application, use the 5 way navigator to highlight Contacts.

Then press the menu button, seect Record->Edit favorites button

Make sure that the pull down selection for "Type" is "Contacts". If not, change it to "Contacts" and select OK.

Mogulman, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was getting ready to do a hard reset, reinstall Palm and then all my applications.

this forum is the best!

Mike
    michaelb92