+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth speaker that works great!

I agree, I have yet to find an earpiece that actually fits on my ear, or that is loud enough to hear. I got the Jabra SP-100 and its fantastic. I tried almost every ear piece out there and finally gave up. It's really only in the car that I need the ear piece so I went with the speaker. I first tried the motorola hf-800, and it connected great but I couldn't hear a thing and there is no clip that would fit the visor of the car. The Jabra is great. Great battery life, 2 watt speaker that you can actually hear and a well made unit.
    Just my 2 cents worth !

Treo650 owner,
    Recent former phones:
    Treo 600, Samsung I500

Very interesting.
    I hadn't thought of a Bluetooth speaker, but that is a great idea!
    After reading your post, I googled and found a good review here:
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5594.html

Regarding the distracting blinking blue light, I'm sure a tiny dot of electricians tape would fix that. (Worked for the way-too-bright blue LED on my ReplayTV units)

Thanks for the heads up on a great new product that I may just have to buy.
    Last edited by Markito; 12-21-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

No Problem. You can turn off the blue light by holding down the mute button for 10 seconds. This thing blows away any earpiece that I have tried to date.

Well, based on Heat00's review, I went ahead and orderd the sp100 and it simply would not work.

On my first call J got nothing but interruptions and static. On my second call they could not hear me, and on the third clall (incoming), the phone never rang and I could nto hear anything.

I spoke to Jabra tonight and they are aware of these problems with the 650 and blame it on something that is in the phone so that we can only use the Palmone earpieces.

Heat, I guess you just lucked out, as Jabra told me to return mine.

Mike
    michaelb92

Actually,
    I started having the same problem after I wrote the message. I'm sorry. I spoke to Jabra too and I'm returning mine.
    In the meantime I tried the Motorola and it works great except the speaker is very very weak. I returned that one too !!

I guess there just isn't a speaker out there yet that works with the Treo-650.

Hated.