+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing icons

Removing icons

Is there any way to remove icons from the applications screen. The two I am trying to remove are "Quick tour" and "get Biz connect." I'm sure there is a simple solution that I just don't know.
    If you don't laugh, nothing's funny!

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    sprint stuck those suckers in the ROM. There are folks on the Treocentral board that have successfully removed them by rather drastic means (here is a LINK

For the rest of us, we are stuck with them.
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

ROM Hide

I used to have a Sony Clie which had a Prefs add-in called "ROM Hide". HotSync it into the Treo650, go into Prefs, put check marks next to the programs you don't want to see ("QuickTour", "Downloads", "Get BC", and "Welcome") and never have to look at them again.
    The program I have is ROM Hide v.0.1.4. (c)2002 Sony Corporation, so I can't post it, but it is out there and it does work.

Thank you. Do you or anybody else have experience using ROMhide on the 650, or is it just meant to be a Sony Clie program?
    If you don't laugh, nothing's funny!

go here:

www.shadowmite.com

ROMs offered that do not include the apps you want to get rid of. Note that these are not supported by PalmOne and if you do not know what you are doing, you may very well end up frying your Treo 650.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

if you happen to like megalauncher

megalauncher makes if very easy to hide icons, it will also put shortcut icons on the main screen for card apps if you want. You can make your own icons change wall paper to any picture, change all the system sounds and it has a great built in file manager all for 15 bucks. It realy livens up the look, sound and convienance of the phone.
    heres a link http://www.megasoft2000.com/product....t=MegaLauncher
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01-27-2005 at 10:50 PM.

Re: Removing icons

I have a category called "unused" and I changed anything I don't want on my primary screens to use this category.

Originally posted by golfdok
    Is there any way to remove icons from the applications screen. The two I am trying to remove are "Quick tour" and "get Biz connect." I'm sure there is a simple solution that I just don't know.

Thank you kindly,

Tony

what device do you have Tony?

I hadnt seen that as an option on a device, is that an option on a 3rd party app? A launcher maybey?

I use LauncherX on my palm m505 - you can place anything you don't use on a separate tab and then hide that tab. That's what I do for programs I want to keep installed but don't use. I also use that to hide things like "datebook" and "memo", things I use frequently but don't want to appear in my launcher because I use the hardware buttons to run these programs. It also adds quite a few other features and is fast to use, never tried it on the 650 but i'd check it out if I were you.

just move the icon to the unfiles area, this will not appear in the cyle of application menus.

easy cheap

ive never seen an unfiles area g.711, is this something that is exclusive to your device or a 3rd party app?

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    ive never seen an unfiles area g.711, is this something that is exclusive to your device or a 3rd party app?
    no, from the launcher, hit the menu key or tap the clock in the upper left-hand corner, select category, and then you can place any of the programs that appear in the "unfiled" category.

i may be confused but golfdok wants to hide the icons quick tour and get biz connect. placing those icons in the unfiled area dosent take them out of view because golfdok would still flip by them in the all category.

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    i may be confused but golfdok wants to hide the icons quick tour and get biz connect. placing those icons in the unfiled area dosent take them out of view because golfdok would still flip by them in the all category.
    No, you are not confused. You asked what the "unfiled" category was and I responded. I never said it was the solution to golfdok's problem.

Ya i never put icons in categories, I delete the categories so the home button takes me to the card or the palm without pushing to many buttons.