+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 Hotsync install error

A user of mine is trying to upgrade from the Treo 600 to a Treo 650. When he tries to install the latest hotsync software he gets this error and the install locks up:

TabConduit: Unable to load sync20.dll
    TabConduit: Unable to load hslog20.dll

Reboots and reinstalls come to the same error.

Any ideas to try before we call PalmOne?

Uninstall the current Palm software (although make a copy of your backup folder and rename it and place somewhere else on your hard drive) then install the new Palm Desktop software. I had a pretty difficult time getting everything going until I did this.

I have a similar problem. I installed the new software and the Treo 650 will not Hotsync. The treo says it is unable to connect to the desktop. No errors and when I Hotsync I hear the chime saying I am starting to sync but then no synchronization. I did remove all Palm related software and reinstalled and still it would not work. So I reinstalled the Treo 600 software and at least that device is working.

Treo 600 to Treo 650 upgrade problem

Has anyone had problems with Hotsync when upgrading the Treo 600 to the 650? I installed the new software and the Treo 650 will not Hotsync. The Treo says it is unable to connect to the desktop. No errors and when I Hotsync I hear the chime saying it started to sync but then no synchronization. Afther this failed attempt I removed all Palm related software and reinstalled and still it would not work. So I reinstalled the Treo 600 software and at least my old device is working. With over 250 installed Treo 600s at our company I am warry about rolling out the 650 after this experience.

I had a simillar problem. I went and backed up all my info ie exported contacts, calendar, and todo list. then erased all of the palm software, including all of the old palm and palmone folders in my c drive, then reinstalled the 650 disk and its working fine now. Also, I was having problems with versamail. As soon as I turned of the versmail sync in the conduit section, it works fine now. Could have also been some third party sofware program. Just delete everything and start over again.
    I am no computer programer, just my 2 cents worth.

There is a whole thead on this on TreoCentral. The first post is interesting saying:

"If you are upgrading from a prior device, do *NOT* under any conditions follow the upgrade procedure in PalmOne's documentation as it is completely *WRONG* (Treo650 is wrong- and I think the Tungsten T5 includes the same error) and will very likely result in a hung device that requires a hard reset to recover from. It is IMPERATIVE that you rename the Backup Folder before attempting to synchronize with an existing profile (why this information was omitted from PalmOne's directions is a mystery - clearly no one ever tried following their directions while they were doing any testing!!)."

The entire (long) link is here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64105

There is a whole thead on this on TreoCentral. The first post is interesting saying:

"If you are upgrading from a prior device, do *NOT* under any conditions follow the upgrade procedure in PalmOne's documentation as it is completely *WRONG* (Treo650 is wrong- and I think the Tungsten T5 includes the same error) and will very likely result in a hung device that requires a hard reset to recover from. It is IMPERATIVE that you rename the Backup Folder before attempting to synchronize with an existing profile (why this information was omitted from PalmOne's directions is a mystery - clearly no one ever tried following their directions while they were doing any testing!!)."

The entire (long) link is here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64105