+ Reply to Thread

Question bLaZeR 2mB dOwNlOaD LiMiT..?¿

When trying to microquad I get the error'..cannot perform download,exceeds 2mb limit'..what gives?if you can set the cache limit to whatever memory you have availible then why not the download as well?when I had the t600 w/ blazer 3 I downloaded 6-7mb at one time..am I missing something??

The 2MB limit is a page limit. If the page you are trying to download exceeds 2MB, you get that error.

No that is incorrect! The page download limit is changeable in the prefs/cache('page'..same) which you can change, but try to download something like an app,zip or prc file, and you won't be able to..thats what i'm talking about...two seperate issues!!
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!

If that application or prc/zip file is over 2mb that is!!!
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!

Sorry, you're wrong... Blazer has a hard set limit enforced by Sprint/palm to limit to 2mb. Shadowmite is working on a way around this. And might I suggest a more professional Subject than your LeEt style?

Furthermore, if you think cache and page size are one and the same, maybe you should take a few computer classes at the local school. You are way off. Cache is the memory storage the device can hold as a backup for faster loading of frequently viewed pages/graphics.

Originally posted by temfate
    Cache is the memory storage the device can hold as a backup for faster loading of frequently viewed pages/graphics.
    That's my understanding of "cache size" in the preference. You can change the cache size all day and it won't change the 2mb limit. This is problemetic with sites that have a lot of pictures when the pics can vary in sizes and thus kick the page size beyond 2mb. The result is sometimes you get the error message and sometimes you don't depending on the pictures posted.

On a side note, too big of a cache size can result in loading from cache too frequently, thus not getting updated pages (I have lost ebay auction because Blazer reloaded the page from cache and I thought I was still the high bidder ). Too small a cache size results in frequent resend, thus slowing the loading of frequent pages. Really tough to balance.