+ Reply to Thread

Lightwav Substitute for 650?

Hi!

On my Treo 600 I really enjoyed assigning WAV files as ringtones using Lightwav 3.0.

Lightwav 3.0 doesn't work with the 650. I tried it myself, and while I can play the WAV files back, I can't assign them to contacts or use them as ringtones. I've emailed the developers a couple of times, and received "we're working on it" types of responses.

Until they release a new version, does anyone know of a program that will allow me to play WAV flies off my SD card as ringtones? I know there are MP3 programs out there - but I don't want to convert my WAV files unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance!
    Sifu Z.
    Check out my Kung Fu School!
    www.kungfuschool.org

smilin' in Daytona
    I have 3.2 and it works fine.
    Wes in sunny Daytona Beach
    www.audiobywes.com

Originally posted by spl1547@aol.com
    I have 3.2 and it works fine.
    That's cool - but how did you get 3.2? On the the Toy Soft site, the only version that seems to be available is 3.0...

The page I'm looking at is http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html.

Also - you're using a Treo 650, right?

Thanks a lot for responding - and happy new year!
    Sifu Z.
    www.kungfuschool.org

Use the 5.0 beta version

Look for the 'LightWav 5.0 BETA 2' listed on their main page.....has been working fine for me thus far.

http://www.toysoft.ca/

Charles

Thanks to both of you!

Using the URL that digoro provided, I was able to find 3.2 (as well as 5.0) and downloaded both of them. 3.2 worked fine, so I'm going to hold off on 5.0 in the hopes that it'll be a free upgrade when it's out of Beta.

Now, I'm able to use a "Godzilla Roar" as my ringer again!

Many thanks!
    Sifu Z.
    www.kungfuschool.org

Have you guys checked out Ringo Pro? It's available at the Palm One Website. I haven't tried it yet but I will download the trial version tonight. Looks like a Lightwav alternative...

Originally posted by insanity8797
    Have you guys checked out Ringo Pro? It's available at the Palm One Website. I haven't tried it yet but I will download the trial version tonight. Looks like a Lightwav alternative...
    I used to have "Ringo," and didn' t like it at all. It's been awhile and I don't recall what soured me to the program, but Lightwav 3.2 works perfectly now!

Cheers -
    Sifu Z.
    www.kungfuschool.org

I tried the trial version of Lightwav and still have some questions. Is it possible to assing mp3s as ringers for a specific contact? The website says it's possible but I was unable to get this to work. I figured it was because it was the trial version.

Brian
    I have been using Ringo Pro since my t600. I like it a lot. Works great for me.

I tried the trial version of Lightwav and still have some questions. Is it possible to assing mp3s as ringers for a specific contact? The website says it's possible but I was unable to get this to work. I figured it was because it was the trial version.
    Yup, it's because its the trial version.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

Originally posted by Sifu Z.
    I used to have "Ringo," and didn' t like it at all. It's been awhile and I don't recall what soured me to the program, but Lightwav 3.2 works perfectly now!

Cheers -
    Sifu Z.
    I am currently Ringo 4.30 and it seems to be working great so far. Can you remember why you didn't like Ringo?

register 5.0?

Anyone know how to register 5.0? It's a beta, so I didn't notice any 'buy here' tab when downloaded.

Tech support hasn't responded either.