+ Reply to Thread

Question Treo 650 graffiti

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a graffiti- like program that works with the Treo 650?

graffiti anwher works, I also read that Jot and WordComplete now work. Havent tried yet,
    You can pick them up at Palmgear.com

Treo Graffiti alt.

thanks G.711...will look for em.

I was able to get graffiti anwhr to work and then got "graffiti 1" to succesfully work on 600/650... keyboard drives me crazy after using a Kyo 7135 for so long

I tried Graffiti Anywhere. Holding down a key to use graffiti is difficult for me. As I have come from the Tungsten C, a keyboard is not a problem.

It would be nice if the unit could do graffiti without additional software though.

Thank you kindly,

Tony

lou
    OCpDa
    I am at a crossroads. My Kyocera is having a major hardware problem. PDA is fine but phone doesn't work. Not sure if Verizon can fix or if they will replace. If they won't, do I buy another 7135 or go for the Treo 650 (switch carriers, no graffiti, no clam shell but in return get OS v. 5.+, camera, bluetooth).

The graffiti issue is key. So with the software solutions mentioned here, where do you actually write?

You write on the screen itself. For the 650, I found Graffiti Anywhere needed the green phone button held down. It worked well enough thouhg all of my 2's turned to Z's.

Thank you kindly,

Tony

Graffiti anywhere i500

downloaded Graffiti anywhere on my i500: Works great. Compliments built in graffiti on the pad.
    Use the tap screen mode to activate.

Re: Graffiti anywhere i500

Originally posted by gizmojo
    downloaded Graffiti anywhere on my i500: Works great. Compliments built in graffiti on the pad.
    Use the tap screen mode to activate.
    I agree the Tap and hold method to activate GrafAny is the only way to go. I set mine for the lower left hand corner just tap and it is activated. I use the indicator line to show me the lowercase and numeric area of the screen. Works great

Adding Graffiti 2 or other handwriting recognition to Treo 650

The Treo 650 smartphone does not come with Grafitti 2 handwriting recognition. There is not an "official" version of Graffiti 2 available for download or installation to the smartphone.

Instead, the Treo 650 comes with a full QWERTY keyboard. Most people find that they can type faster with the keyboard, and it's more intuitive than Graffiti 2.

However, some third-party applications enable handwriting recognition on keyboard devices like the Treo 650. These applications usually use the touchscreen — all of it, or a selected space — as the input area.

palmOne does not endorse specific third-party software, but we are aware of some applications with which users have informally reported success:

* TealScript by Tealpoint Software
    * Newpen by Tatsuo Nagamatsu
    * Jot by CIC

Note: the presence of a third party product in this article should be not be construed as an endorsement of that product, nor should its absence be considered a denigration. palmOne does not manufacture any third-party products mentioned above, and cannot provide support for them. If you purchase a third-party product and require help with it, contact the manufacturer.

Is there a "full-time" Graffiti 1 proggy?

I'm looking to upgrade to the 650 on Sprint...

I'm very old school - I absolutely HATE Graffiti 2 -
    "l-" turns into a t, "1-" turns into a plus - I can't do a "u", "t", "k" or "x". I've been writing Graffiti for almost 10 years now...
    It might be different if I had learned Graffiti 2 to start with, but it seems very poorly thought out to me - it's too easy to use common (real) writing strokes and get a completely different result (note my "1-" and "l-" gripes). I hated it so bad I put TealScript on my 7135

And the keyboard doesn't allow me the flexability that I want...

So, is there a FULL TIME solution for graffiti? Does Jot provide this? Graffiti Anywhere really doesn't sound like a viable solution to me. I ALWAYS make notes in my palm while I'm on in a conversation on the phone. Isn't that the point? How can you do that when required to "tap to activate"?
    Note: I also always use a headset. The Kyocera stereo headset works great on the 650 - in case anyone was interested.

Also, what's this about not being able to switch between the phone app and previous (and back again) on the 650? That sounds like a severe handicap to me.

Originally posted by lou
    My Kyocera is having a major hardware problem. PDA is fine but phone doesn't work. Not sure if Verizon can fix or if they will replace. If they won't, do I buy another 7135
    Lou
    If they don't replace or repair - you and I need to get together.
    One of my 7135's has a bad pda board - I need one.
    A replacement pda board would cost me $125 + s/h.
    Perhaps we can deal.

Hash