+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oily screen?

oily screen?

Ok, my second question of the day....

Anyone ever notice a 'blotch' of oil in the middle of their screen? I'm not exactly sure when it's there, kinda sporadic. But it doesn't seem to be on the top, as I can't remove it with a wipe.

Internal? It does go away after about 30 minutes. I'm just wondering if this would become an issue at some time in the future.

Charles

Administrator
    is your phone used? could be a screen blemish...

Brand new actually. It's similar to a bubble of oil. I can 'move it around' with the pen, but it always settles back into the middle.

Well return it for a new one. No point in dealing with this potential defect when you don't have to.

Yes return it, especially if it is new. It can only get worse.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Just realized when this happens......primarily when it's been in my pocket more than a few minutes. I'm guessing it's body heat that's causing this to happen, perhaps going away when it cools down.

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

Same thing happened to me

If the sun shines on mine and its fairly warm i get what looks like a drop of oil pressed between 2 peices of plastic, but it goes away after acouple minutes al long as it didnt get to warm or set in the sun for to long. I havent had any residual marks or problems. Has any one else had there treo pressed in a warm spot for long or left it face up towards the sun for long?

screen

Hello diagoro,

This is Kevin from palmOne. Generally speaking, the rainbow or oil slick pattern on the screen of your handheld can happen on ocassion. This is known as Thin Film Interference (TFI).

This occurrence has no adverse functional affect on the performance or reliability of the touchscreen, LCD, or handheld. Your LCD touchscreen is made up of a layer of glass, liquid crystal, and film. TFI can occur whenever temperature, humidity, and even air pressure conditions change.

Sincerely
    Kevin

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    thanks for the info, it lays to rest some worries.