+ Reply to Thread

really basic noob question

I'm a Pocket PC user (Samsung i700), but I'm setting up my Father-in-law's Treo 650, and I can't seem to find info on this most basic thing...

How do you put a pause in a phone number so that, when calling the number, it waits for a few seconds? (i.e. to punch in an extension after the machine picks up). On my Pocket PC and my old ATT phone, it was just the letter 'p'. This doesn't seem to work on the Treo. I've also tried 'ppp', ' ppp ', and ' p p p ' to no avail. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It's the last thing I haven't been able to set up for him. I'm a former Palm OS user, but before phones were added. Thanks in advance for any replies.

On the 600 this is done with a comma "," I assume this is the same for the 650, worth a try anyway.

Hmm, can't get the comma to work. I've tried "," " ," ",,," and ", " and even "","". I see now what's happening; the phone wants to ignore any non-numerical input. Anyone find a solution to this?

Try asking over at mytreo.net, someone there may know.

Try a p in between the numbers.

There is a whole thread on this here at:

Inserting a pause

do a search for it
    michaelb92

Thanks michaelb92 for the point in the right direction. Normally I do a search first but I figured this was such a basic thing there wouldn't be any threads on it!