+ Reply to Thread

Got the Seidio 650 holster

Got the Seidio Holster and it stinks. The clip is way too low on the holster and seems like too much of the phone/holster is sticking too high up. Stabs me every time I sit down. Maybe its just me, but the old proclip for the 600 was perfect. I guess I will wait until they come out with a clip. Anyone heard if one is coming out?

I'm currently using the aluminum case for the 600 from Rhino Skin on my Treo 650. It works well for me.

I am a heavy and clumbsy guy so the extra "armor" is worth the inconvienence of flipping the door open to see the screen on incoming calls. Best of all... you close the door over the screen to talk on the phone which keeps the screen clean of skin oils. I wonder if women who wear make up have issues with dirtying the screen... this Rhinoskin case would help with that.

I tried one of the leather Rhino Skin cases first... without success. The leather wrapped to tight around the new button beneath the volume rocker switch. The aluminum case touches it and conceals the new button, however it doesnt seem to be pressing that button.

where did you get the rhino skin case??

I bought mine at Compusa. Here is a link/picture:

Aluminum Hardcase for palmOne Treo 600 Handhelds

I bought a holster from Dan's cellular on EBay.
    I think it was 9.95 and works great

Mike
    michaelb92

Re: Got the Seidio 650 holster

Originally posted by Heat00
    Got the Seidio Holster and it stinks. The clip is way too low on the holster and seems like too much of the phone/holster is sticking too high up. Stabs me every time I sit down. Maybe its just me, but the old proclip for the 600 was perfect. I guess I will wait until they come out with a clip. Anyone heard if one is coming out?

Hi HeatOO,

I have read your comments about Seidio cradle type holster in this forum. Although many Seidio holster users and I disagree with your assesment, I respect your opinion.

As indicated in my reply to your email today, I will send out the clip type holster tomorrow. Hopefully, you will change your opinion on Seidio holsters for Treo 650.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question on Treo 650 holster or any Seidio products.

Seidio clip type holster for Treo 650 link

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=HLTR650B

Seidio holster review by Treocentral,

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/524-1.htm

David Chang
    product marketing Manager
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

thanks David Chang for posting the picture

I smacked my treo 650 against the car while it was in my jacket pocket today and i was going to give up on the proclip for the 650 and go ahead and buy a Seidio holster today but that picture confirmed my worry that the Seidio would cause the treo to stick out farther from the belt. There is a 1/4 inch gap between the clip and the rest of the holster along with of course the extra piece of plastic that makes stationary part of the swivel clip. It seems like any holster with a swivel sticks out a foot from your waist. Does Seidio make one without the swivel? The pro clip was the only holster i ever found that didnt cause my treo 600 to stick out like a fax machine hanging off your belt.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01-26-2005 at 08:55 PM.

25 years ago -- in business -- I had to lug a briefcase around with papers, reports, memos, and then -- when I got my first laptop / lugable UGH! I looked like I was moving in when I went to a client office.

In time, laptops got smaller, "business casual" replaced the suit coat, (meaning fewer pockets) and now -- everything I need can fit on my Treo.

But

<ironic mode = on>

Now with eyes that are 25 years older and my need for reading glasses and

needing to carry my Treo in a safe place,

where do I put this stuff?

all of my progress may mean I'm back to carrying

a breifcase

<ironic mode = off>

Seriously, I find inexpensive $10.00 cases at K Mart - Target etc that are horizontal with a small non mobile sunglass case clip. These last a few months but I'm not convinced a $40.00 or even the Treo $100+ case will last much longer.

wow zenbasser 100.00 for a case? can you put up a link to that one? After a year of use my T600 24 dollar proclip http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/4-24--58.htm shows no sign of use

I just ordered the T650 seido design clip yesterday and will be posting my thoughts on it in accouple 5 days.

This picture http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoGal...tCode=HLTR650B shows the seido clip with out the extra space between the clip and the holster so maybe it wont stick out like other swivel clips do. But its shown as being the same clip as this one
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=HLTR650B
    My vision is pretty good but these 2 seido clips just dont look identical.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01-30-2005 at 08:25 AM.

palmOne persona

http://web.palmone.com/products/acce...0001&cat=20015

$114.99

+ $4.00 for the belt clip.

Wow, that is one fat funny looking holster the buyer of that one in not concerned with size or aesthetics, it definitely exemplifies the personal in personal digital assistant but it looks like it would offer the best protection for our babies.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01-30-2005 at 08:44 AM.