+ Reply to Thread

Last edited by Autostream; 01-12-2005 at 01:25 AM.

Create a new username for the 650. Now use the Palm Desktop software to rename the 600's username to something else and then rename the 650 name you created to your old 600 username. Note though that this method will not transfer any of your 600 info to the 650, which is good. You don't want any unnecessary files from the 600 on your 650. To transfer your data over, beam over your contacts and other personal info. Now go into the Palm Backup folder for the 600 username and you will see all the apps that you had on your 600. Doubleclick on the ones that you want on your 650 and a window will pop up asking which username you would like to install it for, select your current 650 username.

Tx, one last problem. And its a big one.
    This method does not transfer my 'messages'
    I have a huge amount of data here that I need to transfer.
    It would seem that the message data is in a different format since it is not a palm file, it is basically a sprint thing.
    the old file was called SMS_Msg_Database.PDB
    and the treo 650 file is called Messages_Database.PDB
    they look very different inside. I can hotsync the new file it, but it doesnt show up.
    In fact my 600 seems to have a whole file for each person's chat log as well.

Sorry, don't have any solution to offer for that one. Perhaps someone else has some advice but in the meantime, I would delete that treo 600 file from your 650, isn't doing the device any good.