+ Reply to Thread

650 PPP not working

Hello, I'm a new Treo 650 owner. The phone came with VersaMail and Handmark Pocket Express. I wasn't really interested in Pocket Express, so I deleted it. Somehow, my VersaMail stopped working (It would reboot the 650 every time I tried to open it). I deleted everything that was available to delete from the menu, and still the problem continued.

Looking for an answer, I downloaded FileZ and deleted everything else that was possible to delete. The result was that, Finally, VersaMail would load without crashing the phone. The only problem is, it won't connect to anything anymore, and Blazer won't either. "Unable to Establish PPP Connection".

It still works as a phone, and I can send text messages.

Looking on the net for how to hard-reset the phone back to its out-of-the-box state, I found nothing, except a reference to page 161 of the manual, which doesn't tell me anything about that.

How can I get my Sprint Treo 650 restored back to its out-of-the-box state? The reset button doesn't seem to do anything but reboot the machine.

Joel

Look up "hard reset" in the index in the manual that came with the phone. It clearly spells out how to do it in the manual.

Thanks!

Somehow I missed it when I looked the first time.

Joel