+ Reply to Thread
    Wil

Voice Dialing over Bluetooth

Is it possible to do voice recognition dialing over bluetooth with the Treo 650? If not are there add-on device or software that can be purchased, that allow this, and if so what do they cost? If nobody offers this yet on the Treo, has anyone heard of plans by any third parties to do this? I imagine lots of people might want it, for the Treo in a car. Thanks so much.

Will
    Last edited by Wil; 01-27-2005 at 02:28 AM.

Sorry, no current bluetooth headset supports the Treo 650's voice dialing application.

I thought Jabra Freespeak250 does ? I just got mine in mail today. I will let you know if it does.

Wil
    Wonder why voice dialing works with Treo 650, but not through bluetooth headsets. Here's the PalmOne knowledge base on voice dialing the Treo 650.

Voice-dailing is implemented in different ways on different phones via a wide range of different software and/or hardware and there is no way for every bluetooth headset manufacturer to support all these different voice-dialing technologies. Being that the voice-dialing capabilities on the 650 are just some mere add-on software that isn't even integrated into the device, I certainly don't expect bluetooth headsets to support this voice-dialing software from some random company I've never heard of.

Wil

When?

Treo can Voice Dial with a headset according to this but Treo Voice Dialing is incompatible with Bluetooth headsets, currently.

It seems Bluetooth headsets are inherently different than non-Bluetooth headsets.

But according to InfoSync in November:
    palmOne is now offering a voice dialing application for the Treo 650, based on VoiceSignal's voice recognition system. The application, which requires approximately 1 MB of RAM, supports speaker-independent voice recognition for all entries in the Treo's Contacts list as well as digit-dial. It can be activated via the auxiliary button on the side of the Treo or by the call button on the included wired handset.

At the moment activation by a Bluetooth headset is not available, but VoiceSignal's application does support it and the company says an update to support Bluetooth voice dialing is on its way.
    That was Nov. Now it's late Feb. When's BT voice dialing going to be available?

Will

Many websites claim BT devices have "voice activation" on them even when you click off that you want it for a Treo 650. Is this just bull or can you make a call from these handfree BT?

see mycellworld.com to see what I can talking about.

Wil
    Buyer beware.

i have looked into this on the PPC boards and have been told they cannot do it either.

you can voicedial via the Ppc but you have to activate iwth a hardware key ON the PDA itself. you cannot "wake up" the device and speak the contact name VIA the BT headset. I believe you CAN activate voice dialing by pushin a button ON the pda and THEN it will listen via the BT headset...but either way..you have initiate the entire process via a button push ON THE PDA.

currently, the devices do not support any way to do a voice dial SOLELY by pushing/talking into the BT headset. i'm sure in the future they will..when who knows.
    Sean

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    Here is the current list from PalmOne on compatibility:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

I have the motorola HS810 BT headset. I am returning it for low volume and loose fitting reasons. I have also ordered the Cardo Scala 500, but on about a 2 week back order.

There is no voice dial capability yet. Also, cannot pickup calls. have to switch signal to headst and there is a delay. I have installed BTmute and am trying it out.

Wil
    Currently, the devices do not support any way to do a voice dial SOLELY by pushing/talking into the BT headset. I'm sure in the future they will..when who knows
    Yeah.

With the Parrot CK3100 bluetooth car kit, you can voice dial while in the car.

The voice dialing, however, is not through the Treo itself but through the CK3100. It can download up to 200 contacts from your Treo, however, for voice dialing purposes.

Originally posted by haroldpe
    I have the motorola HS810 BT headset. I am returning it for low volume and loose fitting reasons. I have also ordered the Cardo Scala 500, but on about a 2 week back order.

There is no voice dial capability yet. Also, cannot pickup calls. have to switch signal to headst and there is a delay. I have installed BTmute and am trying it out.
    I also have the Motorola HS810 BT headset. Could you or someone else explaine further the concerns/limitations with it please? I am experimenting with BT headset, BT sync and BT internet for a Apple PB 12 inch.

Thanks!
    Apple PB 12 / Treo 650 / Samsung i-500
    :headbang:

ejc
    Any updates on this issue? I want to purchase a BT headset for my Treo 650 that will support the voicesignal voice command software. Thanks!

so my moto bt headset wont work on this 650?

Wil
    The June 2005 update from Sprint for the 650 may address this.