+ Reply to Thread

Web access questions

So I played with a sprint 650 & xv6600 today and had some questions that arose.

While browsing, I noticed that the 650 tended to bring up "compressed" websites without pics, whereas the 6600 brought up the full website. I figure this is because some websites (cnn, yahoo were the two I had in mind) offer a mobile version that is recognized when accessed via Blazer. Does anyone know if the 650 can bring up full websites? Is this part of the issue that I've noticed being discussed in regard to ebay/paypal?

Also, it seems that you can download movies etc on the 6600, but I couldn't figure out how to do this on the 650, is it possible to download any kind of file from a website onto the 650?

yes, the 650 can bring up full webpages. i routinely pull up cnn.com without any problems on my 650. perhaps it was the way the browser formatted the page that caused some confusion or maybe it was set to not display graphics in the prefs. the browser can be changed to view a webpage as you would on a desktop but then you will have both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

Cool, thanks. It was a demo in a store so it was probably just set up funny, when I pulled up Yahoo maps the 650 did a much nicer job than the 660x.